well said, want to share my story

來源: Jeepster 2012-10-24 08:49:13 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1575 bytes)

once during a volunteering outting, we(mostly a bunch of white dudes) were assigned to paint the house for an old lady (African American)'s house. We worked the whole day while she stayed inside all day without talking anything with us. Finally at the end of day, I need her signature on the request form which she sent in to the local government a few months ago. She came out and signed it without any appreciation. Then she noticed those white people all left, and started complainting all her ancestors were murdured by those white people during the passage. Shockingly, she told me during that passage, the slaves were injected salt water in their vein thus only the strongest would survive to save free water and food.  Because of that black people have high solidum in their blood, which leads to high blood pressure, then die very young...In a word, she firmly believed she deserved all the warefare because of the sufferings her ancestors had been through. Now it is payback time. Then I found out she got all those nonsense from a local church. I offered to give her a ride next Sunday to our church, which are made up with all kinds of races. The leading priest is actually a black man.  She knows him, a local celebrity. Since then she has been happily attending our church regularly.  

I guess the key of this story is, those people who live on warefare for so long need move out of their places, at least mentally, even for the sake of their kids. Unfortunately most of those people don't care.  

所有跟帖: 

很有價值的經曆,應該用中文展開寫出來 -說的好- 給 說的好 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 09:09:25

對不起,俺的拚音太差,寫得實在太慢 -Jeepster- 給 Jeepster 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 09:34:15

簡單講就是人以類聚,從坑裏爬出來不易。獎勤罰懶,出頭靠自己。孟母三遷,則鄰而處(出)。 -賈慶皋- 給 賈慶皋 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/24/2012 postreply 09:45:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”