pay attention to sector rotation

來源: noconfusion 2012-09-21 07:11:59 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1057 bytes)

1 easy mistake to make is to ignore the rotation, and pigeon hole oneself into a particular stock/sector.

stuff goes in/out of favor - unless you just buy total global index and forget about it.. but i think paying attention to the rotation probably brings extra 2-3% return, which is significant over long term.

I used to monitor 1-2 dozen country/region ETFs, have since added a dozen or so index leaders, (borrowing a page from FreeTrader's book).

following these everyday, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the rotation.

then the play is not hard.... when the broad market retreats, absort the stronger sectors, when the broad market goes high, get rid of the weaker sector holdings.

when is low, when is high? it's not exact science... I'd say the lows are quite easy to identify, VIX spike, media doom and gloom, retest of previous low etc.. the highs are not easy to identify, need to take some chances.

just go around the block a few times, it will gradually feel like riding a bicycle.

所有跟帖: 

Tried, failed miserably, 5555~.:(. -Morning3evening4- 給 Morning3evening4 發送悄悄話 Morning3evening4 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2012 postreply 07:16:29

:) -noconfusion- 給 noconfusion 發送悄悄話 noconfusion 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2012 postreply 07:21:51

每個人都認為自己掌握了真理,其實都是盲人摸象! -qiaoshe- 給 qiaoshe 發送悄悄話 qiaoshe 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2012 postreply 07:35:27

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”