加州南灣去德州遠程投資出租房的成功案例。

來源: commonsense888 2012-06-17 09:33:31 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2965 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ commonsense888 ] 在 2012-06-17 10:05:46 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

加州南灣一老美,遠程投資德州東部,離大城市/國際機場100邁的小城,基建設施好,經濟多元,穩定,增長,房價房租相關性好,長期持有,CAP率10+,空置率5%, 房管10%,從2002開始, 已購55房,2008年,擁有的房子價格和房租均沒有明顯下降。計劃100房。

德州朋友,這大概在哪個地區啊?

這位老兄的方法與我的方法不同是,我不遠程,隻找房價大跌(跌60%以上)的銀行屋和短售屋。共同點是離經濟多元穩定發展的大都市近,100邁之內,都用PM管理,CAP率10+。他是在房子瘋漲的2002年開始,我是在房市泡沫破裂後的2010年入市的。也許也可以試試他的方法,特別是如果銀行屋持續短缺的話。

Brian R. • Alexander:

My goal on acquiring single family homes is a 10+ cap. This model assumes:

- adding to the purchase price any fix-up costs necessary to bring on-line

- a 5% vacancy rate

- 10% management fee (funds my internal ppty mgmt infrastructure)

- a run rate % of revenue for maintenance & utilities (based on my historical numbers)

- ppty taxes

Such a strong cap rate allows a very strong leveraged return, even assuming a 15 year loan.

I'm buying in a stable, growing market (very little distressed sales) in a stable & growing state. It's a smaller town (off the radar) with outstanding infrastructure and a diversified economy, within 100 miles of a major metropolitan area with an international airport.

It's not in California, though...it's in East Texas. Although I live in CA (SF Bay Area), I determined back in 2002 that I wouldn't be able to achieve this cap rate target without investing in distressed areas with substantial long-term risk from a "buy & hold strategy" standpoint, so I looked outside CA. I looked for growing, diversified economies with a very strong relationship between house prices and rental rates. I think my model was proven-out as the housing market debacle surfaced in 2008. The area that I invested in has seen virtually no devaluation and occupancy rates have remained strong.

I currently own 55 homes in this area all within a 5 mile radius...three of which I have purchased in the last few months and I'm currently in contract on a 4th. I've achieved an 11+ cap rate on the last three homes, and I expect the same on the current purchase.

I plan to grow to 100+ homes in my current area. If I concentrate 100+ homes in this tightly clustered area, I will achieve the proper scale over my existing in-house property management and maintenance infrastructure (which my 10% ppty mgmt fees pay for). I then plan to expand to other areas with similar fundamental metrics. I'm currently deciding whether to continue to grow this organically as I have done, or to bring in investors to ramp the model faster.

In summary, I'm in line with your expectations on cap rate, and also employ a buy-&-hold strategy as you do. Since I'm a fundamental, long-term investor, I stay away from the distressed areas. I'm sure there are micro-markets all around the country where this model works...it's just a matter of doing the research to find them.

所有跟帖: 

Ding -向大洋- 給 向大洋 發送悄悄話 向大洋 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/17/2012 postreply 16:52:57

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”