"joy" being a landlord

Last week when I was checking on AC, my tenant told me that the garbage disposal was leaking. I had replaced my own before. Thinking it's an easy job, I went to home depot and picked up one.

When I was wiring, I forgot which color is for hot wire. While nobody was looking, I pulled out my smart phone and search for wire coloring.

After I went home, I told my wife. She said "so you are trying to justify your expensive smart phone?" :-).

Thinking I was done for the day, I was pulling out paperwork to file into my cabinat. One line of the instruction caught my eye "make sure you knock out the dish washer plug if you have dish washer".  because i installed on before,, I didn't read the instruction to its completion and didn't knock out the dish washer plug.  so basically, they couldn't use dish washer.  I immediately called the tenant.  he said he knew exactly what i was talking about and offered to 'finish' the job himself.  good thing he is handy and I didn't have to make a second trip.

one thing for sure being a landlord: life is never boring anymore. dramas and embrassements will follow you.

所有跟帖: 

bso you can install a dishwasher..lol -jy101- 給 jy101 發送悄悄話 jy101 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/12/2012 postreply 07:50:53

all it takes is a screw driver. I'm sure you have done it millio -MrLL- 給 MrLL 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/12/2012 postreply 07:55:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!