回複:the key Q is, was the house condemned?

來源: 小曉貓 2012-04-24 18:33:08 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1516 bytes)
回答: the key Q is, was the house condemned?jy1012012-04-24 18:01:21

Hi JY,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not sure what you meant "the house is condemned". What I saw is the house is in a much better condition than many other ones I have seen, and it seems to be reasonabley well maintained except the water leak in the master shower. The kitch in ceramic tile floor and even the contractor said not to worry about the tile floor.

The only thing I am not sure is the mold near the master shower pan edge, I also see green rust on the copper pipe in the wall, but even so redoing the shower should not cost more than 5K. The damage is in the wall which I can not tell but I don't see water leaking in the first floor. Also, two other coractors estimate the mold remediation for the master shower to be 3~4K.  

When the last mold contractor pull off a piece of backsplash in the kitchen to reveal some mold, seems I have to redo the kitchen cabinet too. That would cost me another 5K, but it is old style cabinet anyway.

Now the main question is do I want a house which I have to always disclose mold being found and I have done mold remediation on it. That seems the real condemn and impact on future renting and selling. Otherwise, the house is in a good neighborhood with a school rated 10/10.

I am still in escrow, HUD told me they will forfeit my $1000 EMD if I drop out of escrow because I am buying as rental house, and that would make my total lose on this house to be more than 2K. This sucks.  

所有跟帖: 

you only need to disclose if the house was condemned. -jy101- 給 jy101 發送悄悄話 jy101 的博客首頁 (243 bytes) () 04/24/2012 postreply 19:54:03

回複:you only need to disclose if the house was condemned. -小曉貓- 給 小曉貓 發送悄悄話 (252 bytes) () 04/24/2012 postreply 20:26:20

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”