how to file tax return for an investment property that owned by

來源: april 2012-04-08 19:36:41 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (921 bytes)

I bought a house under my mom's name. She is a US visitor from China.

Since my mom stays in US more than 180 days in 2011, she is my dependent and has a tax ID assigned by IRS. she doesn't have any income in US... but now in 2012, since i bought the house under her name... How can i file tax return going forward... Can i still treat my mom as my dependent? or Does my mom need to have her own Tax returns? She is going back to China in May, Does she need to file her own tax return in 2012? or can she just ignore tax return although she has an investment property under her name? What i am worried is if in case any issues - such as tenant doesnt pay rent etc... if i have tax return filed, i think at least if need go to court.. i have legal document to protect.
I am thinking to sign a power of attorney with my mom so that i can help her manage the property. Any advice?

thanks

所有跟帖: 

回複:how to file tax return for an investment property that owned -cajungirl- 給 cajungirl 發送悄悄話 (345 bytes) () 04/08/2012 postreply 20:09:28

I smell something wrong in your case.沒查到並不代表你是對的。請專家發言啊!!! -螺絲螺帽- 給 螺絲螺帽 發送悄悄話 螺絲螺帽 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2012 postreply 12:58:23

因為你媽有出租, 那就是她有收入。稅有規定的,她是你的DEPENDENT。不過, 你的名字在 -螺絲螺帽- 給 螺絲螺帽 發送悄悄話 螺絲螺帽 的博客首頁 (120 bytes) () 04/09/2012 postreply 13:02:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”