禮節美語:Souvenir Shopping(2)(音頻文字)

來源: 紓珈 2011-10-03 10:32:58 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3359 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紓珈 ] 在 2011-11-10 07:26:33 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

禮節美語:Souvenir Shopping(2)(音頻文字)ZT

公司副總裁Jason到上海出差,由Gina接待。Jason讓Gina幫忙選禮物。

Jason: Hey! You know what might be good gifts for my business associates? Chinese antiques!

G: Well, we certainly have lots of antique art, statues and carvings, but in most cases it's not legal to take genuine antiques out of China.

J: Oh, I see. That makes sense. You have to preserve your heritage.

G: But there are many reproductions of antiques for sale.

J: you mean fakes?

G: A fake is when the dealer lies and says the piece is ancient. A reproduction is legal and they can be quite beautiful. You could take home some classical Chinese statutes as decorations for their offices.

Jason想給同事買中國古董antiques做禮物,但是Gina告訴他,古董不能帶出中國,建議Jason考慮買reproduction,複製品。Jason以為Gina是指fake假貨,Gina解釋說,fake,假貨是商人故意欺騙顧客,以假亂真,而複製品則是合法生產和出售的。

J: Yeah! That would look cool. Maybe some scrolls or traditional paintings.

G: Good idea. Scrolls with Chinese cursive calligraphy look great on an office wall. And...they might even bring you luck!

J: You can't beat that! But what about the kids?

G: Humm...that's a bit trickier. There are of course, lots of counterfeit goods available like software or music, but buying them isn't recommended.

J: No, I don't buy counterfeits. Besides...my sons have loads of computer games and CDs.

Gina建議Jason買中國國畫或是書法作品,掛在辦公室牆上很氣派,但是給孩子買什麽禮物呢,Gina說, that's a bit trickier. 這可有些麻煩。Jason說,他不願意給兒子買盜版軟件或音樂,counterfeit is spelled c-o-u-n-t-e-r-f-e-i-t, counterfeit, counterfeit, 是盜版的意思

G: Hey! I know. You could have old-style Chinese suits custom-made for them! They can go around looking like little Chinese emperors! I know a great tailor!

J; Ha! Perfect! They'd like that for sure. Wow Gina.. You're full of great ideas. I should tell your boss to give you a raise.

G: But you are my boss!

J: (Chuckle) Right! Then I'll make a note to myself! Really though... I can't thank you enough for all your help.

G: Not at all. Just demonstrating some traditional Chinese hospitality.

Gina突然來了靈感,說可以找裁縫給孩子量身定做中國的傳統衣服,custom-made,是定做的意思,把他們打扮成中國小皇帝的樣子。Jason對Gina的建議非常滿意,說要告訴Gina的老板,給她漲工資,give someone a raise,是給某人漲工資的意思。Gina笑著提醒Jason說,你就是我的老板啊,我不過是表現一下中國人的傳統好客罷了。

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”