美語係列:Sitcoms 電視節目單元 (2) (音頻文字)

來源: 斕婷 2010-09-10 06:28:35 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5853 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 斕婷 ] 在 2010-09-12 07:26:49 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

美語係列:Sitcoms 電視節目單元 (2) (音頻文字) VOA (ZT)

Will和Jane在約會時聊天,談到了"sitcom", 也就是situation comedy - 情景喜劇。

Professor: Hey Winnie, have you ever watched any American sitcoms?

我以前看過Friends--“六人行”,這算是個sitcom吧?

Professor: That's right! Now let's see what sitcoms Will and Jane like to watch.

Will: So Jane, I know that you like watching reality TV. But what about sitcoms?

Jane: I used to watch Friends religiously! I cried when it went off the air in 2004.

Will: Oh yeah, Friends was a really popular sitcom. But wasn't it pretty unrealistic? None of the characters worked very often, but they had a huge apartment in New York city.

Jane: Who cares? Sitcoms are supposed to be funny. They're not supposed to be like real life.

原來,Jane也是“六人行”的粉絲! 她說得對,sitcom追求的是搞笑、好玩兒,誰會在乎情節的真實性啊! 對了,professor, Jane說她以前watch Friends “religiously”,這是什麽意思呢?

Professor: It means she was very serious about watching the show.

哦,我明白了,如果做什麽事情是本著"religiously"的態度,就表明你是雷打不動,一直在很認真地做。Jane看“六人行”一定是集集不落! 她還說,2004年這個節目went off the air -“停播”的時候,她都哭了!

Professor: Exactly! Winnie, the opposite of "off the air" is "on the air". You could say that Friends was so popular that it was able to stay on the air for 10 seasons.

哦,off the air的反義詞是on the air, 也就是“播出”的意思。

Will: Why did you like Friends so much? Did you think it was really funny?

Jane: Yeah, it was really funny, but it also had a great storyline. All the different episodes were part of the same plot.

Will: That's true. I also thought that the dialogue was really good too.

Jane: Oh yeah, the dialogue was great. I thought everything the characters said to one another was really funny.

Professor: So Winnie, what did Jane like so much about Friends?

她說,“六人行”的storyline -“故事情節”特別好。每集的內容相互聯係,使整個節目有one plot - 一個完整的故事埂概。

Professor: That's right! But Will has a different reason for liking the show, right?

對,Will喜歡裏麵的dialogue - 對話,覺得這些對話特別好玩兒!

Will: The other thing that made Friends so good was the cast. All the actors were perfect for their characters.

Jane: Oh yeah, the casting was really great. The actor who played Ross did a great job. He was hilarious!

Will: Really? I didn't think he was the funniest. My favorite character was Joey.

Jane: Joey was pretty good, but not as funny as Ross. And the relationship between Ross and Rachel was really romantic too.

Will: It was kind of romantic, but it got old.

Will 和Jane都覺得“六人行”的cast - 演員陣容選得好。

Professor: That's right. But what does Will say about the relationship between Ross and Rachel on the show?

Will說,Ross和Rachel的戀愛的確挺浪漫的,可後來就got old了。Professor, 這是不是說這些情節老演老演,就變得沒勁了?

Professor: Right. It means the plot lost its original appeal because it is too long or gets repeated too many times. For example, "When I first heard Craig's joke, I thought it was funny. But after he told it 10 times, it got old."

Jane: What about you, Will? Do you like sitcoms?

Will: Not anymore. Ever since the series finale of Friends, I haven't found any other sitcoms that I really like.

Jane: Really? So what kinds of programs do you watch on TV now?

Will: Lately, I've gotten really into more serious shows, like crime dramas.

啊?自從“六人行”的series finale - “大結局”播完後,Will就再也沒找到好看的sitcom?!

Professor: That's right. Winnie, you can use the word "finale" in other contexts. For example, at the end of the Olympics there is always a big finale with lots of fireworks.

奧運會閉幕式也可以叫"finale." Will 說,他現在喜歡看crime dramas, 這又是什麽節目呢?

Professor: Listen next time to find out!

這次的美語三級跳就播送到這裏。美語三級跳節目取材於美國之音最新推出的美語教學強檔網站 goenglish.me 網址是:www.goenglish.me

Words and Phrases

1. sitcom
也就是situation comedy - 情景喜劇。

2. Friends
六人行

3. watch the show religiously

It means she was very serious about watching the show.

如果做什麽事情是本著"religiously"的態度,就表明你是雷打不動,一直在很認真地做。

4. off the air
停播

5. on the air
播出

6. storyline
故事情節

7. one plot
一個完整的故事埂概。

8. dialogue
對話

8. finale
大結局

For example:

At the end of the Olympics there is always a big finale with lots of fireworks.

Audio download link:

http://space.wenxuecity.com/media/1284049478.mp3

地道美語:Reality TV Shows 電視單元 (1) (音頻文字) VOA
http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=mysj&MsgID=84127

所有跟帖: 

【說文解字】八一集老友記 - 美劇 Friends 作者:lilac09 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (231 bytes) () 09/10/2010 postreply 06:35:22

I Will Be There For You (Friends Theme Song)來源:天澤園 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (249 bytes) () 09/10/2010 postreply 06:53:40

上麵的歌曲視頻失效了,請看這個: -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (1901 bytes) () 09/11/2010 postreply 06:11:40

《Friends》裏的經典100句 (5) 來源: Purple-Heart -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (235 bytes) () 09/10/2010 postreply 06:56:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”