日常美語:College Friends For Life(音頻文字)

來源: 祤湫霖 2012-10-15 06:35:26 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5006 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 祤湫霖 ] 在 2012-10-16 06:10:43 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
日常美語:College Friends For Life(音頻文字)ZT

J: Hello I'm Jody and welcome to American Cafe!

Y: 我是楊晨。歡迎您到美語咖啡屋。

J: Hey Yang Chen, isn't your college reunion coming up soon?

Y: 沒錯,一想到要和多年沒見麵的同學相聚,我激動得連覺都睡不著了。

J: You know we have a saying, "The friends you make in college are the friends you have for life." And today we're going to meet Jennifer and Sharrin. They are roommates in my building. But after talking to them I found out just how unique their roommate relationship is.

Y: Unique? 好朋友又成為roommates,分租一個公寓。這有什麽特別之處呢?

J: Well, I know it doesn't sound very unique. But wait until you hear their story.

實錄1: JENNIFER: OK, My name is Jennifer and I live in Washington D.C. in a neighborhood called Mt. Pleasant. And I live with one other woman, Sharrin, in that apartment.

Sharrin: My name is Sharrin and I'm 26 years old.

Jennifer: And I'm 25.

Y: Sharrin今年26歲,Jennifer今年25歲。 她們和你住在一個公寓樓。那她們倆到底是怎麽認識的?

J: Well, they told me they first met their freshman year of college. They were in some freshman tutorial writing class together that all freshmen had to take.

Y: 雖然她們是同一個年級,不過她們不一定每天都上同樣的課吧?

J: Exactly. In the States, it's a little different than in China. The real closeness comes from living in the same dormitory or dorm for short. Next, let's hear again from Sharrin.

實錄2: SHARRIN: We first met when we were going to college together. We met our freshman year. And uh we had a freshman tutorial class together that all freshmen had to take to practice writing. And so we met through that class and we also lived in the same dorm. And so we hung a lot through that and we just stayed friends all four years of college.

Y: 說了半天,她們在大學一年級就認識,然後成為室友,畢業後還是朋友,現在還住同一個公寓。我還是不知道這種關係有什麽特別之處?

J: The unique part comes after college. Without talking about it together, Yang Chen, both women independently decided to join the Peace Corps.

Y: 真的?

J: Yeah, isn't that amazing?

Y: Wow, 她們兩並沒有商量,但是各自決定要加入和平隊。

J: I know, but that's not all...

Y: 還有啊?

J: They were sent to the same country. Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa

實錄3: SHARRIN: And after college we both decided independently to join the Peace Corp. And we ended up in the same country in Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa. So we were there for about a year.

Y: Wow, 真是越來越有意思了。她們不但分別決定要加入和平隊,而且還被派到同一個國家,西非的科特迪瓦。

J: But wait, there's more. After a year in Cote d'Ivoire they also lived together for three months in France!

Y: 兩個人一起在法國住了三個月?你想想看,如果能和自己最好的朋友一起周遊世界,那該多好啊!

實錄4: SHARRIN: After Cote d'Ivoire we traveled to France and we lived together there for about 3 months. And then we moved back to the States and we both lived with our families ... I think we were home for a few months and then we both decided to move to Washington DC. And we're roommates now.

Y: 太不可思議了。這簡直就是命運總是能把她們帶到一起。 那現在Jennifer 和 Sharrin生活在華盛頓市的Mt. Pleasant這個居民區。她們對這一帶有什麽感受呢?

J: Jennifer is from the Midwest and both she and Sharrin went to school in a very small town. So, Jennifer really likes the small town community feel of Mt. Pleasant.

實錄5: JENNIFER: It's a neighborhood I really like. The neighborhood has a different feel. It has a community feel in a larger city, which is really nice to have that smaller town feel. I'm from the Midwest and I went to school in a town of 9,000 and that included 1,300 of the population from the college. So, it is a small town.

Y: Jennifer在中西部的小城鎮長大,所以她很懷念那種小城鎮的感覺。Mt. Pleasant正好滿足了她的這種需要。

J: And it's even nicer with Jennifer and Sharrin as neighbors! Thanks for joining us today on American Cafe!

Y: 我們下次節目再見! Lara & Eric, School Plays

http://www.voachinese.com/

所有跟帖: 

學習啦。。。謝貝卡! -同學小薇- 給 同學小薇 發送悄悄話 同學小薇 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/15/2012 postreply 08:24:34

小薇,新周好。一起學習,其樂無窮。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/15/2012 postreply 08:41:28

:D What a coincidence! I just read something like this: -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (152 bytes) () 10/15/2012 postreply 09:24:01

Interesting. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/15/2012 postreply 12:18:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”