日常美語:Brunch(音頻文字)

來源: 祤湫霖 2012-10-01 04:34:47 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5054 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 祤湫霖 ] 在 2012-10-01 14:02:14 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
日常美語:Brunch(音頻文字)ZT

Y: 大家好,我是楊晨。歡迎您光臨美語咖啡屋。

J: Hello and welcome to American Cafe. My name's Jody! Hey Yang Chen I am having Brunch this weekend with some friends. Do you have time to come join us?

Y: 好啊。不過這次可不會象上次那樣一吃就吃四個鍾頭吧。

J: Oh, but that's the whole point of Brunch. After a long workweek, a nice long Brunch is the perfect end to the weekend! And as a matter of fact the meal is so long and so relaxing that it is a combination of breakfast and lunch. It's spelled B-R-U-N-C-H.

Y: 你說的到是有道理。既然brunch是把早飯和午飯合並在一起,那麽當然時間就應該長點了。不過說起來brunch這個詞不好把它翻成中文呢。我看聽眾朋友喜歡怎麽叫它就怎麽叫它什麽吧。或者幹脆就用英文brunch。

J: Hey Yang Chen, remember we talked to Edina, the manager of the restaurant where we had Brunch last time.

Y: 沒錯,我們來聽聽Edina給brunch下的定義。

實錄1 Edina:Brunch is a very special time in American life. It's a time where after a very busy workweek a family or friends have time to actually sit down and enjoy their meal.

Y: 下麵我們就讓講一講他們的顧客最喜歡點什麽菜。

實錄2 Edina:It's usually French toast, pancakes, omelets, lots of eggs.

Y: 你記不記得我那天就點了omelettes,煎蛋餅,非常好吃。French toast是一種炸麵包片,也很受歡迎。哎,你會作嗎?

J: Oh, I make a wonderful French toast.

Y:不過我很好奇,它為什麽叫French toast,和法國有關嗎?

J: I don't think so. We have French fries and French toast 跟法國沒有什麽關係。

Y: 你說人們是不是隻有在周末才會吃brunch呢?

J: Most definitely! And it's usually on Sunday after, you know, you go out with your friends and party a little, have a couple drinks, listen to music.

Y:人們在周末都愛睡懶覺,早上一起來早飯的時間就已經過了,那麽乾脆把兩頓飯合在一起,尤其在星期天,很多人在星期六晚上已經狂歡了一整夜,星期天和朋友享受一頓美味的brunch,的確是很開心。

J: Remember we spoke with a group of people who were out having Brunch after a fun night together on the town together.

Y: 我們上次碰到的一個女孩Kristine,她是這麽說的:

實錄3 Kristine: Brunch tradition is usually, I feel, the nice end of weekend to start off the new week. Nice comforting feeling. Usually very relaxed and laidback, late in the afternoon and really just a nice cap to the whole weekend and it is a chance to catch up on, on the week, I think, too.

Y: Kristine 提到了幾個很好的詞,比如"relaxed," "laidback" ,都有休息,放鬆的意思。

J: And brunch is definitely a laidback and relaxed meal, because, you know, if you go out drinking the night before you may be a little bit tired the next day.

Y:那人們在吃brunch的時候會喝酒嗎?

J: Not everyone. But many people do. In fact, restaurants on their menu, include two particular drinks. You can choose to have either a Mimosas, a mixture of orange juice and champagne or a Bloody Mary, which is a little bit of vodka and tomato juice with spices.

Y: 對,可是喝了酒是不是更覺得沒精神呢?

J: No, not really. It's just a small amount of alcohol to take off the edge.

Y: 我曾經聽過這麽一個習慣用語,叫 "the hair of the dog that bit you."

J: Ha! I can't believe you know that! That is the perfect idiom. "The hair of the dog that bit you" is exactly right. Here's Edina to explain.

實錄4 Edina: If you have a weekend to yourself most people go out. You go out Friday night or you go out Saturday night. You enjoy alcohol and you drink as much as you want. You wake up and still have the that sort of taste of the night before. So, something like a Mimosa will give you that sense back. That's what the hair of the dog, the dog is the night before, and the hair is the memories.

Y: 這個習慣用語很難解釋。

J: "Hair of the dog that bit you" ... I'm having trouble to explain it too!

Y: 我想可不可以這麽打個比方呢,就是說你星期六徹夜的狂歡,灌了一肚子烈性酒,就好像你被一隻大狗咬了一口。到第二天早上還有點暈暈呼呼的,那麽你呢就少喝一點點酒,好像這樣能幫助你恢複正常。那麽這一點點酒就好象你從狗身上拔的一根毛一樣。

J: I think that's a good explanation. You just need a little hair though. Thanks for joining us on American Cafe!

Y: 好,我們今天的時間到了,歡迎您下次再到美語咖啡屋。再見!

所有跟帖: 

學習了,謝謝! -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/01/2012 postreply 10:10:00

tingfeng,I have not seen you for a while.How have you been? -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/01/2012 postreply 11:24:30

問候斑竹!自罰麵壁思過後繼續學習,學英文,use it or you lose it. -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/01/2012 postreply 12:56:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”