When Your Small Form Tumbled into Me
當你的小小形體跌跌撞撞進入我
作者: Tracy K. Smith
譯者: 沅湘
I lay sprawled like a big-game rug across the bed:
我伸展肢體橫躺床上像獵獸作睡毯,
Belly down, legs wishbone-wide. It was winter.
俯臥著,雙腿如三叉骨翹開。時為冬天。
Workaday. Your father swung his feet to the floor.
普通平凡。你父親的雙腳猛蹬著地板。
The kids upstairs dragged something back and forth
樓上的小孩們用尖叫著的輪子來回拖
On shrieking wheels. I was empty, blown-through
動著什麽。在那個房間裏我就是空洞,
By whatever swells, swirling, and then breaks
夜複一夜任憑那啥,那腫脹,轉動著,
Night after night upon that room. You must have watched
然後歇下來的什麽通風。 為得到似乎
For what felt like forever, wanting to be
永遠的感覺你肯定在看,想要成為我們
What we passed back and forth between us like fire.
在我們之間傳遞的那什麽燃燒如火,想
Wanting weight, desiring desire, dying
要著重量,渴望著渴望,死都要下踐
To descend into flesh, fault, the brief ecstasy of being.
到生命的肉體,舛錯, 短暫的狂樂中。
From what dream of world did you wriggle free?
你蠕動著從一個什麽夢的世界掙脫?
What soared—and what grieved—when you aimed your will
當你的意誌瞄準我在床單上那麽活潑的
At the yes of my body alive like that on the sheets?
身體獲它許可,什麽飛升,什麽哀慟過?
譯注:作者是一位很有學問和才華的後現代派女詩人。有些筆觸和視角比較大膽,請別以為這是帶色的詩。雖然那個你隻是個小小的蠕動的生命之源,但主題同樣是靈與肉,永恒與短暫的矛盾。