英語美文:The Power of Holding Hands

來源: 林貝卡 2011-05-05 11:02:50 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5891 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 林貝卡 ] 在 2011-05-07 14:31:42 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

The Power of Holding Hands
Author:Harold Kushner

I was sitting on a beach one summer day, watching two children, a boy and a girl, playing in the sand. They were hard at work building an elaborate sandcastle by the water's edge, with gates and towers and moats and internal passages.

Just when they had nearly finished their project, a big wave came along and knocked it down, reducing it to a heap of wet sand.

I expected the children to burst into tears, devastated by what had happened to all their hard work. But they surprised me. Instead, they ran up the shore away from the water, laughing and holding hands, and sat down to build another castle.

I realized that they had taught me an important lesson. All the things in our lives, all the complicated structures we spent so much time and energy creating, are built on sand. Only our relationships to other people endure. Sooner or later, the wave will come along and knock down what we have worked so hard to build up. When that happens, only the person who has somebody's hand to hold will be able to laugh.

Rebecca Lin 2006 Summer In USA

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Swan Song
  • 父親的草原母親的河
  • 100 Best Novels of the 20th Century
  • 恰似你的溫柔
  • The Great Gat*****y Chapter One
  • 所有跟帖: 

謝謝分享! -娃娃女- 給 娃娃女 發送悄悄話 娃娃女 的博客首頁 (98 bytes) () 05/05/2011 postreply 18:10:25

周末好。 -林貝卡- 給 林貝卡 發送悄悄話 林貝卡 的博客首頁 (19 bytes) () 05/06/2011 postreply 12:12:00

Very touching...Thank you for sharing! -achinadoll- 給 achinadoll 發送悄悄話 (35 bytes) () 05/06/2011 postreply 15:18:51

What a cute nickname you have. -林貝卡- 給 林貝卡 發送悄悄話 林貝卡 的博客首頁 (40 bytes) () 05/06/2011 postreply 21:47:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”