Just got home for a splendid festive party~~someone's called me

來源: 千與.千尋 2011-02-05 20:17:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2952 bytes)
回答: 二姐說的是,俺現在是又懶又自私~~lilac092011-02-05 17:02:10

Lilac, I know you really delight in debating~ however, I don't have the quality~ :( (I don't have the quality, 熟悉不?也是Friends裏的,嗬嗬~)

Diametrically speaking, when I feel cornered ppl'll see certain part of my personality shadowing like this, I don't like Friends. I used to, but not any more.

Does the show Friends help us on English learning?

Yes. Absolutely yes. I used to stick on Friends for about 1 year or 2. 剛出國的頭一兩年,天天學!crush, drift apart.........都是那時候學的。你的學習筆記我看著好親切,和我那時的筆記一樣一樣的~

Can the show, or some show like this, play a key role in English learning?

eh......it's hard to say. I don't believe so. 

See, I haven't studied these sitcoms for years, however, I'm always a social butter fly wherever I go. And my job, being an acute health care provider, requires solid language skill, and so far I've handled it very well! 病人出現肺血栓,主治醫師在手術室,麻醉師在手術室,PA在急診,Radiologist 在 X-ray,藥劑師也不在科裏,在10分鍾打幾十個電話,向個個professionals 匯報情況、傳遞他們的意見......最後匯總醫囑,精確寫在病例上並立即執行......this is just a small piece of my daily work. Do you think Friends helped me to achieve this?

NO~ :)

A lot of people think I was born in North America, or at least grew up here. Have the sitcoms made this? 

NO~ :)

We're living in North America where awash in overwhelming language learning materials. My best recourse: my lovely Canadian and American friends, colleagues, my cute patients, newspaper, classmates, professors, printouts, radio, TV ......theses are the accurate portrayal of the REAL LIFE. I think they're abundant and lavish enough for me to indulge rather than Friends. 

Friends, this casual and lay-back comedy 對我學英語來講實際上沒什麽用,真的。

我英語的提到都是在生活和工作中 interacting with all kinds of ppl: from senators, professors, diplomats, to farmers, city workers, and even homeless! 

More and more English learners relish crunching the script of sitcoms, maybe because they think the culture, idealizing slangs, dominates this world. 可我怎麽覺得不對呢,那些好朋友來我家,大家一起吃喝,玩的不亦樂乎時也沒聽她們說那麽多slangs呀?我們一起去K歌,也沒那麽多slangs呀。工作中就更少了。當然,工作中也學到不少惡心的slangs,比如“blue angel”感興趣的自己去查吧,別問我啥意思,嗬嗬~這些詞我寧可不會。

大家喜歡學sitcom就學吧,我是不會再像以前那麽學了,嗬嗬~學習英語,我有自己的真對性,和專業及每天的生活息息相關,也許並不適合別人。同時我對某些西方曆史和某些領域的相關文化簡直著迷,能和一些專家談上幾個小時,太~~讓人興奮了!我很幸運,身邊的老師很多,夏天還有一位大師從Alberta過來,嗬嗬~打算邀請他小住我家一周。也學這些是打不了醬油,但要想看懂盧浮宮的那些藝術品,想看懂巴黎聖母院的壁畫,沒這些知識做基礎是不行的呀。

很高興又和Lilac討論這麽多,休息去了,大家晚安!

所有跟帖: 

唉! -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (31 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:22:42

咋的了? -千與.千尋- 給 千與.千尋 發送悄悄話 千與.千尋 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:23:22

沒事兒。 -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:31:36

哎呀,typo不少啊:from a party, 提高、也許.....媽呀,我也沒喝酒呀~大家都很聰明, -千與.千尋- 給 千與.千尋 發送悄悄話 千與.千尋 的博客首頁 (46 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 20:48:53

對於我這樣上班隻是路過美國的就不一樣了! -sleet- 給 sleet 發送悄悄話 sleet 的博客首頁 (9097 bytes) () 02/05/2011 postreply 22:04:51

co: 對於我這樣上班隻是路過美國的就不一樣了!~~ -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (5933 bytes) () 02/06/2011 postreply 08:07:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”