impressive comments - great thanks

i've purposefully collected information on the distinction between the pronunciation of /i/, and i'm listing it here for reference. it's really that 'easy said than done', and knowing is one thing, implementing is another; i should pay more attention to the the two sounds in my further reading.

/I/

-          The tongue is positioned forward and slightly lower in the oral cavity than for /i:/,  with the sides in contact with the teeth laterally and the tip positioned behind the lower teeth.

-          The mandible is slightly lower than for /i:/.

-          The lips are unrounded.

-          The vocal folds are abducted and vibrating.

-          The velopharyngeal port is closed.

Invite / pin

Regarding the enlightenment of message in the reading, i do share some same understanding with you. Appreciation and thankfullness and gratitude are the positive attitude towards healthy life, frankly speaking, i gained a lot from the book.

Look at this quote "every man knows, that when his wife's appreciating him for the little things he does, what does he wanna do? He wants to do more. It's always about the appreciation. It pulls things in, it attracts support."

Here's some more to share with which is off the current topic but in the same theme: " ... you are not here to try to get the world to be just as you want it to be. you are here to create a world around you that you choose, while allowing the world as others choose it to be to exist also ..."

所有跟帖: 

Really appreciate your great effort! -小豬美眉- 給 小豬美眉 發送悄悄話 (269 bytes) () 10/27/2010 postreply 22:30:18

you bet, reading is one thing, enjoying/apprecicating life from -billnet- 給 billnet 發送悄悄話 billnet 的博客首頁 (455 bytes) () 10/28/2010 postreply 05:06:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!