日常美語:Pet 寵物 (2) (音頻文字)

本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2010-10-24 03:58:20 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

日常美語:Pet 寵物 (2) (音頻文字) VOA (ZT)

Tom說服了Mindy,倆人養了一隻狗,可是這狗很不聽話,經常惹麻煩,所以,Tom和Mindy打算訓練訓練它。

Professor: Right Winnie. Some dogs are so bad, they need to be trained by a professional.

Mindy: Gosh Tom, why did I ever agree to get this dog? It's so badly behaved!

Tom: It's OK, honey. We just have to train him. In a couple of weeks he's going to be totally obedient.

Mindy: In a couple of weeks? Tom, he will have totally destroyed our new house by then!

Tom: I know he's a little wild right now. But trust me, before you know it, he's going to obey every one of my commands.

Professor Bowman, Tom 還挺樂觀的,他向Mindy保證,自己肯定能把狗訓乖,讓它很快就obey every one of his commands, 對主人言聽計從。

Professor: What do you think? Will Tom be able to make the new dog obedient before it destroys their new house?

這可不好說。不過,剛入住的新家如果被狗弄得亂七八糟,哪個主人不心疼啊?

Tom: OK, the first thing I need to teach him is how to shake hands.

Mindy: That's the first trick he needs to learn? Tom, he isn't even house broken, and this morning he ripped apart all the pillows on the couch!

Tom: So.... you think I should teach him something else first? Like how to sit?

Mindy: Yes, Tom. That would be a good start. Then you can teach him how to heel.

如果換成我,第一件事就是要讓狗"house broken",也就是說,在經過訓練後,能夠到指定地點大小便,從而保持家裏的整潔。

Professor: That's true. Teaching your dog how to shake hands isn't the number one priority.

Professor, Mindy說的"teach the dog how to heel"是什麽意思呢?

Professor: It means to make the dog obey you. You can also say that you bring a person to heel. For example, "At first the boss couldn't control her employees. But after she threatened to start firing people, they all came to heel."

我明白了,come to heel就是聽話,服從的意思。

Mindy: Tom, the dog is never going to obey you unless you punish him. When he mi*****ehaves, you have to spank him.

Tom: You want me to hit our beloved dog, who is a member of our family? How can you be so cruel?

Mindy: Tom, that dog isn't going to be a member of our family much longer unless he learns to behave.

Tom: Well, I prefer to reward him for doing something good instead of punishing him for doing something bad.

Mindy好像已經失去耐心了。她說,如果這隻狗還不聽話,就不能繼續住在這裏了。

Professor: Right. But Mindy and Tom have different ways of training the dog, right?

是啊,Mindy說,如果狗不聽話,就要spank,打屁股,可是Tom說這種懲罰太殘忍。

Professor: So what does Tom say they should do?

Tom認為應該采取鼓勵的方法,也就是說,如果狗狗表現得好,就reward--獎勵它。

Mindy: Tom, this dog is really out of control. Maybe we should take him to the veterinarian to see if he has some health problem.

Tom: He doesn't need to go to the vet. He needs to go to a doctor who can cure him psychologically.

Mindy: Oh no Tom, you're not talking about a ......

Tom: Yes, Mindy. We have to take him to a pet psychologist.

Tom要帶狗去看pet psychologist - 寵物心理醫生?美國真有這種醫生麽?

Professor: I guess so.

可是寵物又不會開口說話,這些心理醫生怎麽能知道寵物的想法呢?八成是騙人的!對了,Professor, veterinarian,v-e-t-e-r-i-n-a-r-i-an 是獸醫的意思,是不是和vet, v-e-t,是一回事?

Professor: Yes. The whole word is veterinarian, but most people in America just call them vets.

嗯,我倒很想見識見識這個寵物心理醫生,看看他是不是真能讀懂狗狗的心聲!

Professor: Well, we'll have to listen next time to find out!

這次的美語三級跳就播送到這裏。美語三級跳節目取材於美國之音最新推出的美語教學強檔網站 goenglish.me網址是:www.goenglish.me

Words and Phrases

1. obey every one of his commands

對他言聽計從

2. house broken

也就是說,在經過訓練後,能夠到指定地點大小便,從而保持家裏的整潔。

3. teach the dog how to heel

It means to make the dog obey you.

You can also say that you bring a person to heel.

For example, "At first the boss couldn't control her employees. But after she threatened to start firing people, they all came to heel."

come to heel就是聽話,服從的意思。

4. reward

獎勵

5. pet psychologist

寵物心理醫生

6. veterinarian

是獸醫的意思. The whole word is veterinarian, but most people in America just call them vets.

Audio download link:

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundge/ge017b.m3u

日常美語:Pet 寵物 (2) (音頻文字) VOA (ZT)

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!