My New Year Resolution (very long)

本文內容已被 [ bluespirit ] 在 2010-01-11 13:12:15 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I didn't have a New Year Resolution until last Sunday, January, 3,2010. It was totally inspired by my experience going to church that day.

To start with, I found out that the loose maternity skirt I tried on at the beginning of my pregnancy was now pretty tight. Then when I went to the bathroom, I even had trouble pulling the bottom of the skirt up! Well, maybe you are as surprised as I was, don't pregnant women only get bigger bellies? So that comes my first decision for the coming year, exercise more and try not to gain too much weight before my second son is born in April.

Maybe it was because of my struggle with my skirt, we were a few minutes late for church. When we sat down in the pew, the church choir was singing the last worship song. I didn't like it because singing is my favorite part of Sunday worship. I almost always feel the Spirit when I sing the praises, sometimes I even get into tears when certain lyrics remind me of what Jesus had done for me and how much I am loved. But I missed it, AGAIN! Instead of blaming the church for starting 15 minutes early...I blame myself, I know I should have left home 15 minutes earlier. Therefore, that's the second thing I am going to work on this year, to be punctual like I used to be before I had my first son, I just need to give myself more time to get him ready.

Well, I didn't have much time to speculate on that before the sermon started. The Pastor quoted from a few versus in Philippians to talk about what kind of New Year's Resolution we should have and how we might possibly accomplish it. Have you ever made any New Year's Resolution? Were you able to accomplish it? If not, then you'd agree with him that a lot of times we make promises that are meant to be broken. According to what I learned, it is because we are weak, not physically, but there are so many temptations in this world and if we don't line up our wishes with God's and have His power and help, we are going to fail.  Besides that, we have to stay single-minded so we can focus on our goal. I have to admit that I was lost in my own thoughts at this point because I started thinking about what my goal is and how I could get there. The year of 2009 flashed back in my mind as well. I remembered how many days I was bored and went from one forum to another trying to find something interesting to read; I remembered how many times I submitted shallow comments (even thought I might think they were smart at that time) and went back to see whether the author had read it and even got back to me; I remembered how I felt happy and lifted when I read the scriptures and was more tolerant and forgiving; of course I also remembered the days when I was buried in the mudane errands and found critisism so unbearable...

Yes, I want to serve God with the talents He blesses me with. Yes, at this point of my life, I feel that going to law school and becoming a lawyer who spends her life helping those who can't offord a good lawyer instead of making money for herself excites me. Could it be what He wants me to become? Two days after Sunday, I decided to register for LSAT. The test day is on February 6, which leaves me only about a month's time to prepare for it. But I believe if this is what God wants me to become, He will help me stay focuses and I shall do well. If not, then I'll pray more and search more for His will. I'll remember in order to do well, I also need to stay focused and single-minded, which means less time reading meaningless posts and more time reading the scriptures and studying.

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 也祝賀樂樂媽上任,(羞答答地)請大家吃翠花排骨
  • worship music from Youtube(the list is growing)
  • 和老公兒子打了一仗,心裏真舒坦!
  • 從白色的德州祝大家聖誕快樂!(圖)
  • Rainbow\'s End(空的)
  • 所有跟帖: 

nice english -bearsback- 給 bearsback 發送悄悄話 bearsback 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 00:11:32

Thank you, bearsback! -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:23:31

wish you the best for 2010 -taylor3- 給 taylor3 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 03:49:24

Thank you, taylor3! -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:24:17

Like your writing so much. Like you as a person even more. -念親- 給 念親 發送悄悄話 念親 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 07:06:36

Thank you so much, 念親! hugs... -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:25:02

A dear sister... -小千...千與千尋- 給 小千...千與千尋 發送悄悄話 小千...千與千尋 的博客首頁 (510 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 07:11:05

小千, thank you so much for sharing this with me. -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (82 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:27:07

beautiful writing. great thoughts. -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (115 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 07:16:33

好學又好問,thank you for your encouragement! -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:28:06

寫得非常好的一篇新年打算。謝謝分享,新的一周快樂。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:10:06

謝謝紫君! 謝謝你分享的很多美好的有用的東西. -bluespirit- 給 bluespirit 發送悄悄話 bluespirit 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2010 postreply 08:29:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!