Holiday Drive [讀E-mail學英文]-1

來源: 英語作業 2009-12-07 20:10:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1723 bytes)

Holiday Drive

Once again, it is time for our LB holiday charity drive. All donations will be given to Crossroads N.J. and the N.J. Food Bank.

Although these have been difficult times for all, it has been especially hard for those who are homeless and unemployed. Foreclosures have been through the roof, and more individuals are receiving food stamps than ever before. It would be heart wrenching to see folks experience a Christmas without presents.

Please try to be as generous as you can afford to be. The drive is seeking new clothing for all ages, and toys and games for the little ones. Too, monetary donations would be greatly appreciated. We are also collecting food for the N.J. Food Bank. If every staff member of each LB brought in even one non-perishable food item, it would make a big difference to some family’s holiday.

Please submit all donations to me by Monday, December 21st . We will not be wrapping the gifts this year so as to allow the volunteers at Crossroads to give gifts which will be age and gender appropriate.

Thank you so much for all your past generous donations. You cannot begin to imagine the happiness and gratitude which is expressed by the staff at Crossroads when we make our holiday delivery.

N F

In lieu of personal gifts to my friends & colleagues I will be making a donation to this charity.

Happy Holidays to all!

Ann  (12/7/2009)
請問:
Holiday Drive 的Drive是什麽意思?  
heart wrenching?
In lieu of personal ?

謝謝你的回答!

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Holiday Drive [讀E-mail學英文]-1
  • 祝你生日快樂!(音樂)
  • Thanksgiving Day 感恩節(美語聽力)
  • Chinese food