都市掠影:The Barbican 巴比肯藝術中心(英語聽力)

來源: 婉蕠 2009-10-23 05:59:36 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5611 bytes)
都市掠影:The Barbican 巴比肯藝術中心(英語聽力)ZT

Lily: Do you like music and art?

Oliver: Are you into film and theatre?

Lily: If your answer is yes then you’re in for a treat today as we are taking you to the Barbican in London. I’m Lily.

Oliver: I’m Oliver. 大家好。今天我們要為您介紹的巴比肯藝術中心是歐洲最大的綜合藝術中心。

Lily: The Barbican is a huge building with a concert hall, two theatres, three cinemas, two art galleries, a conservatory and a public library.

Oliver: 這個藝術中心是一組龐大的建築群。其中包括一個音樂廳、兩個劇院、三個電影院、兩個藝術畫廊、一所藝術學院以及一個公共圖書館。

Lily: You can find almost every form of art here at the Barbican. And that makes the Barbican very unique.

Oliver: Unique 獨特的,讓我們聽聽中心的藝術總監 Graham Sheffield 是怎麽介紹巴比肯的。

What gives the Barbican its unique flavour is the fact that it does have venues, spaces, for each of the art forms. I don't know anywhere else in the world that has this configuration of spaces. So that gives us an opportunity to present work in a variety of different ways and juxtapositions, and people can come here and enjoy a whole range of activities over one or two or three days or nights, so you can see both the popular and the more esoteric art forms.
Graham Sheffield, Artistic Director of the Barbican

Lily: Because it has so much space, the Barbican can present work in a variety of different ways and juxtapositions. Juxtapositions.

Oliver: 並列的、並存的。 So what are the range of activities? Graham again:

So you can see both the popular and the more esoteric art forms. You can see, you know, the latest Harry Potter film, but also maybe a piece of Japanese animation or a film from Palestine, or a London Symphony Orchestra concert, or a Jazz concert, or a new dance from Africa, which we've got on at the moment, or an English production of Cymbeline by Shakespeare, or an exhibition of punk.

Lily: Wow what a list!

Oliver: 在巴比肯中心,觀眾能看到的藝術形式範圍之廣真是讓人吃驚。

Lily: Yes. You can see both the popular and the more esoteric.

Oliver: Popular and esoteric 流行的和嚴肅的。

Lily: Let’s have a look at the names of different art forms: Harry Potter film.

Oliver: 哈裏·波特係列電影。

Musicians playing a concert at the Barbican
Lily: A piece of Japanese animation.

Oliver: 日本動畫片。

Lily: A film from Palestine.

Oliver: 來自巴勒斯坦的電影。

Lily: A London Symphony Orchestra concert.

Oliver: 倫敦交響樂團的演出。

Lily: A jazz concert.

Oliver: 爵士音樂會。

Lily: A new dance from Africa.

Oliver: 來自非洲的現代舞蹈。

Lily: An English production of Cymbeline by Shakespeare.

Oliver: 英文版的莎士比亞名劇《辛白林》。

Lily: An exhibition of punk.

Oliver: 關於朋克音樂的展覽。

Lily: It sounds like the Barbican has so much to offer to the British public. But how about the foreign visitors Graham, would you recommend a visit?

Well, of course I'm going to say people must visit! I think the Barbican is worth a visit, not only for what it is, but for what it does and where it is.

Oliver:他說,對於外國遊客來講,巴比肯絕對值得一遊。不僅僅是藝術中心本身豐富多彩,而且所處的地理位置也是得天獨厚的。

Lily: So where is it located then?

It's right in the heart of the city of London. You're within two minutes walk from St. Paul's Cathedral, you're within 10 minutes walk of the Tate on the South Bank. You're in the heart of the business city, but also within reach of some of the most vibrant, multi-ethnic communities in London that surround the city, so it's a very vibrant area.

Lily: The Barbican is right in the heart of the city of London.

Oliver: 巴比肯恰恰就處在倫敦金融城的中心,離著名的聖保羅大教堂隻有兩分鍾的距離。

Lily: Yes, two minutes walk from St. Paul’s Cathedral.

Oliver: 步行到南岸的泰特藝術中心也隻不過就十分鍾的路程。

What it is, it's become something of an architectural icon, now much-loved, and it's now a listed national building, and people are now beginning to appreciate its architectural qualities, for its strength and dynamism, for what it is.

Lily: The Barbican has become an architectural icon.

Oliver: 標誌性建築。

Lily: It’s a listed national building.

Oliver: 受保護建築。

Lily: People are beginning to appreciate its architectural qualities, for its strength and dynamism.

Oliver: 人們已經開始欣賞巴比肯藝術中心在建築方麵的特色和風格。

Lily: The Barbican is open 363 days a year, and you can always find something that interests you.

Oliver: 在節目開始的時候您好像說對音樂和藝術比較感興趣,是嗎?

Lily: Yes I am. Well, if you are too, then come for a visit when you are in London.

Oliver: Hope you enjoyed this programme and see you next time.

Lily: Bye.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”