content trumps delivery

來源: englishreader 2009-10-10 20:50:30 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1668 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ englishreader ] 在 2009-10-14 06:40:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
I have many chances to attend various speeches by people from various walks of life. Let skip ones who have both the content and delivery, tell you ones with the excellent content, but just so-so delivery. One was a woman of a native speaker, and she told a personal story of her father's last few months. She just stood there still and spoke with a flat tone. We were all moved by her story and her speech were deemed the best from all presentations on that day. Another was a man who immigrated from Europe recently, and he wrote a very good humour story. He has a kind of accent that is hard for me to pay attention to his speech, but the content is so good, he deemed as the winner of a speech contest by judges. I also attented another presentation by a business consultant. His presentation skill is very poor, and his narratation skill was no better than quite people here. But he designed a goal achievement plan which interests all audience, we all were %100 in his presentation for an hour. By the way, he actually brought a speech coach with him to monitor his presentation. I myself have to give a technical presentation at my company, I successfully consolidated materials to critical core knowledge and delivered it. From my own assessment, I thought I was not at my best on the delivery that day, but later, I got praises from key people in the audience that I have done very good job on the presentation. Usually, there was no official feedbacks on those presentations, The praises I got were sent by people on their own.

As long as you have reasonable English speaking skil, the content is the critical key for the successful presentation.

所有跟帖: 

Knowledge is power.引伸一下,Knowledge detemine content.Thanks Anyway -天澤園- 給 天澤園 發送悄悄話 天澤園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2009 postreply 08:01:45

Content is king. Thanks for sharing. -YuGong- 給 YuGong 發送悄悄話 YuGong 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2009 postreply 09:13:21

謝謝分享[content trumps delivery],周日快樂。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2009 postreply 15:50:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”