好學mm, 這麽好學,那俺就扔 my 2 cents.

來源: lilac09 2009-10-05 16:20:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1528 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ lilac09 ] 在 2009-10-07 04:27:30 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: When it comes to learning, it's never too late.lilac092009-10-05 07:18:32
The writing is decent, no obvious grammar mistakes, except that “In some part of China”, which you may mean “in some parts of China”. The diction (word choice and presentation) is proper. You also got sophisticated sentence structures there. All in all, it is a piece of well-written article.

But to me, it seems it lacks your personal touch. It is more like that you are introducing a traditional Chinese holiday to foreigners. You tell them when we celebrate it, how we celebrate it and why we celebrate it. But what makes it different from other traditional Chinese festivals to become your most favorite holiday as what your title has claimed, I can’t tell. Plus, for foreigners, these customs are very fresh and exotic, while for Chinese, kind of cliché and old.

After you lay out a very solid background introduction to the Mid-Autumn festival, you may spice it up by adding some of your personal related experiences or interesting stories with this holiday to make it stand out. So readers can be convinced from your stories that this is THE most favorite festival of YOURS, not just another Chinese festival with some moon cake food. That’s it. We need that kind of connection here, between you and the festival.

There is a Chinese saying - “bring a picture of a dragon to life by putting in the pupils of its eyes”. Without that magic personal touch, the article tends to be flat. With it, your article will be vivid and unique. And it will become an excellent one from a good one.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you so much Lilic MM! -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (278 bytes) () 10/05/2009 postreply 17:23:57

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”