Recommend a Book: Find Me by Rosie O'Donnell

來源: englishreader 2009-10-03 10:17:38 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1589 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ englishreader ] 在 2009-10-06 06:00:39 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
I knew Rosie from watching her talk show one or two times years back. She looked like a typical american Aunt from your neighbors. What she chattend on her show was way off my routine engineering life. If it is not by chance, I would read her books since her books are not on my kid's book reading list. I picked up her book, no, actually audio tapes from my neighborhood's bookstore due to throwing away price: $1. $1, it is not bad for me to hear what she would say about her life.

Next day, I inserted her audio tape into my car tape player, and drew to work. After approximately 10 minutes, I was fully immersed myself into her candid voice recalling her early life and her dealing with a troubled teenage girl. I have to slow down my driving to ensure my safety.

The book was wriiten in an oral story-telling way. Roise's voice is candid and moving. The whole book recalled Rosie early teenage life and her lasting feeling of the loss of her mother at her early teen year, and interspersed her current working life and dealing with a troubled teenage girl.

Most of vocabularies from the book are common household words. The languages are ones describing a typical comtemporay daily life of an american family and a working woman. Later, I borrowed a copy of the book from the library to read one more time.

The book would be a very good book for ESL living in America to read along. Words and phasese you learn from the book can be used in your daily communications right way. it will also be helpful for ESL to understand American Welfare system.

所有跟帖: 

I read an excerpt from her booK: Roise's first stage days as com -englishreader- 給 englishreader 發送悄悄話 (398 bytes) () 10/03/2009 postreply 17:58:11

Thank you for sharing. -blueswan- 給 blueswan 發送悄悄話 blueswan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2009 postreply 22:05:49

I will take a look. Thank you for sharing! -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2009 postreply 20:13:41

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”