It depends what your goal is

來源: englishreader 2009-09-13 17:26:17 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1427 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ englishreader ] 在 2009-09-15 05:57:44 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
If you want to score a high mark on TOEFL, you are right to work hard on NCE. If you want to communicate with your coworkers, or negotiate a bill with a seller, then it is way overdone. The grammar in daily communication is very simple. You can learn it in one day. The mistakes on grammar will be tolerated as long as your comminication is in an ambient context. No coworkers care if you are using a plural or a single noun. As along as you put an exact time to set up proper context, no one cares you are using present tense. No one uses conditional statements in daily life, even you show off to use it, you will be asked to repeat to reaffirm what you intend to say. There are too many ESL coworkers around, if you use some idioms from NCE, you will be asked to explain what you are saying anyway, why you bother using it at the first place?

It doesn't mean you should not study NCE. If you feel confortable about your daily communication, then you do it for fun to see if you can improve yourself.

If you think as long as you master NCE, then you are good at daily communication, you will be wrong. Most of lessons from NCE will not be repeated in your life. The idioms have no real value since you likely talk to another ESL in US anyway. Most of problems I encountered and I saw other people stumbled upon is we do not know the plain word to describe a common household object, or we pronounce it wrong.

所有跟帖: 

我來舉兩個例子,你來對比一下 -馬奎- 給 馬奎 發送悄悄話 馬奎 的博客首頁 (394 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 17:54:49

好奇問一下,你太太是英語專業出身? -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (82 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 18:14:04

我老婆不是英語專業 -馬奎- 給 馬奎 發送悄悄話 馬奎 的博客首頁 (278 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 18:55:16

謝謝馬奎。。 -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 18:57:17

回複:好奇問一下,你太太是英語專業出身? -馬奎- 給 馬奎 發送悄悄話 馬奎 的博客首頁 (126 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 18:59:48

what do you want me to judge? -englishreader- 給 englishreader 發送悄悄話 (856 bytes) () 09/13/2009 postreply 18:26:41

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”