禮節美語:Unspoken Messages (英語聽力)

來源: 婉蕠 2009-07-23 12:26:48 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2747 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2009-07-25 17:05:30 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
禮節美語:Unspoken Messages (英語聽力)ZT



陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他跟美國同事Amy一起走出會議室。

(Office ambience)

C:Amy, 今天我第一次主持會議。你覺得怎麽樣?

A:I thought you did well considering that you have not been in that position before.

C:可我自己覺得挺糟糕的。雖然來開會的人並沒說什麽,但是我能感覺到,有好幾個人並不欣賞我的報告,或者是根本不感興趣。

A:What made you think that? Anyone in particular?

C:比如說吧,會開到一半的時候,Ken把筆記本一合,雙手抱臂,往椅子上一仰。

A:How did you feel when he did that?

C:我立刻很緊張,覺得他認為我的發言很糟糕。

A:I noticed that, too. In fact it was pretty obvious to everyone.

C:你覺得他是故意這樣做的嗎?

A:Knowing Ken, I would say yes and I would add that he wanted to make sure you got the message.

C:如果他對我有什麽意見,我寧可他告訴我。

A:What he did was use his body to send his message. It's a discourteous tactic that many people use in business to express their feelings without putting them in words.

C:你是說在商業界很多人都會用這種方式表達自己的看法,而不是直接把意見說出來,那又是為什麽呢?

A:Sometimes people feel safer using body language to intimidate or humiliate others.

C:他們為什麽會覺得用肢體語言去羞辱別人更安全呢?

A:I am sorry, Chen Hao. Can we continue this later? I need to meet my boss in five minutes.

C:那你先忙。我們一會兒見。

******

當天下午陳豪和Amy一起喝咖啡。

C:Amy, 你上午說有人更願意用肢體語言表達自己的看法。這是為什麽呢?

A:People can always refute or deny the meaning of their body language.

C:噢,如果有人事後指責他們表現消極,他們可以矢口否認,說這是誤會。那所有人都是有意這樣做的嗎?

A:A lot of people aren't even aware of their body language. I think that it is often unintentional.

C:很多人都是無意的?你能舉個例子嗎?

A:Like Sue. Did you notice that she came to our meeting for the first time today?

C:我注意到了,Sue是第一次來參加會議,但是她坐在後麵的角落裏,從頭到尾一言不發。

A:I think she felt left out.

C:你為什麽說Sue覺得自己被忽視了呢?

A:Because the two people closest to her kept moving their chairs with their backs turned more and more to her. I don't think it was intentional - they were just trying to see and hear better.

C:Sue 一定是誤會了,覺得別人不歡迎她。

A:That's right. So she withdrew as well.

所有跟帖: 

thanks! like it:) -戲雨飛鷹- 給 戲雨飛鷹 發送悄悄話 戲雨飛鷹 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/26/2009 postreply 16:17:54

My pleasure. Good night and sweet dream. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/26/2009 postreply 20:09:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”