Words, Mirror of Heart - 語言,心靈之鏡

來源: 花開劍鞘邊 2009-07-08 06:05:01 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2580 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 花開劍鞘邊 ] 在 2009-07-08 16:23:43 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Photo courtesy: http://www.cuiniao.cn

There was a famous poet and politician called Su Dongpo, who befriended with a monk called Foyin. They enjoyed time together and occasionally battled of wits with each other. One day, they sat still practicing meditation. After a while, Su opened his eyes and asked Foyin, “What do I look like sitting in meditation?” “You look like a poised Buddha.” Foyin took a look and praised with nodding. Su was pleased. Foyin asked in reply, “How do you think about me?” “You look like bullshit.” Su teased Foyin intentionally. Foyin smiled and put his palms together continuing meditation.

After Su returned home, he told his sister proudly,

“I poked fun at Monk Foyin today.”

After she learned the whole story, she laughed at Su,

“Foyin has Buddha in his mind, so he sees everything as Buddha; you have bullshit in your heart, so you see everything as bullshit. Foyin wins with more cultivation.”

We not only use our eyes watching the world, but also use our heart perceiving it. Our heart colors our view and our view reflects our mindset.

The internationally renowned inspirational author Wayne Dyer ever said, "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."

When a person makes judgment about another, it reveals more the speaker’s morality and personality, fair or unfair, biased or open-minded, kind or mean, decent or obscene. Also, from one’s assumptions of others’ life and activities, we can tell that person’s moral standard, inner being, and hidden desires.

Words are mirror of one’s heart.

Welcome to my personal blog - a better self, a better world

所有跟帖: 

Eukera, I find Gold. :-) -天澤園- 給 天澤園 發送悄悄話 天澤園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 18:23:48

Ooops, Eureka . -天澤園- 給 天澤園 發送悄悄話 天澤園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 18:28:14

Yes. Silence is gold. -花開劍鞘邊- 給 花開劍鞘邊 發送悄悄話 花開劍鞘邊 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 19:34:32

我天天在線。電郵沒有變化。再試試。 -宋德利利- 給 宋德利利 發送悄悄話 宋德利利 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2009 postreply 11:40:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”