流行美語:at one's wit's end & give sb. a piece of mind(聽力)

來源: 婉蕠 2009-06-18 12:33:25 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4231 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2009-06-19 06:29:10 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
流行美語:at one's wit's end & give *****. a piece of mind(聽力)ZT

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundpa/pa296.asx

Larry準備跟李華一起出去吃飯。今天我們要學兩個常用語:at my wit's end和give somebody a piece of your mind.

LH: Larry, 你最好快點。我們預約的時間是七點半,現在已經七點一刻了。如果再不走的話,肯定要遲到了。

LL: I know, but I can't find my wallet! Oh, and I forgot that I have to feed my neighbor's dog tonight!

LH: 你今天這是怎麽了,錢包找不到,又忘記幫鄰居喂狗,這樣下去,以後鞋帶也要別人給你係了!

LL: No, I just had a really busy and stressful day today. I'm telling you, I'm really at my wit's end.

LH: The end of what? 我知道你今天很忙,可也不至於語無倫次啊。

LL: I said I'm at my wit's end. When you are at your wit's end, it means that you are completely overwhelmed with problems, or you are experiencing a lot of stress.

LH: 哦,我知道了,at my wit's end意思就是因為壓力太大,事情太多,而毫無頭緒,不知所措。Larry, 你別急,深呼吸... 再來一次,吃飯晚幾分鍾不要緊。你剛說,要幫鄰居喂狗,她又出差了嗎?

LL: Tonight she's going to the hospital to visit her sick father. On top of that, she just lost her job and her boyfriend broke up with her. She's really at her wit's end, so I'm trying to help out.

LH: 怎麽這麽可憐。爸爸生病住院不說、同時又被炒魷魚,還跟男朋友分手。難怪她會at her wit's end. 跟她比,你這點困難簡直就是小巫見大巫。

LL: It's not just that I'm missing my wallet. I'm also at my wit's end at work. My boss has given me five new projects to do next week, and I haven't even finished the old ones yet.

LH: 啊?老板分配給你五個新項目,難怪你會一臉官司。我也一樣,每次周末去看我父母,他們都沒完沒了地叮囑我,該穿什麽衣服,如何待人接物,趕緊換個更好的男朋友。一天下來,I feel like I'm at my wit's end.

LL: Wait, what is that last thing that they tell you?

LH: Huh? ...沒什麽重要的。告訴你個訣竅,每次我事情多得忙不過來的時候,我就會列個單子,把所有要幹的事情都寫下來。

LL: That's a good idea, but I have a better one. Since I can't find my wallet I'll just let you pay for dinner, and we can just bring back some leftovers to feed to my neighbor's dog. OK?

LH: Hmm ... 也就是說,如果我花錢把你和鄰居家的狗喂飽,你的問題就迎刃而解了,you won't be at your wit's end anymore? 聽起來好象不太劃算。不過算了,請客就請客,我都快餓瘋了。

Larry和李華在餐館裏。

LH: 怎麽這麽久還不上菜?我們都點了一個小時了。餓死我了。

LL: Me too. If it doesn't come soon, I'm going to find the manager and give him a piece of my mind.

LH: Give him a piece of what? 向經理投訴我支持,給他東西就不必了吧。

LL: Actually, when you give someone a piece of your mind, it means that you tell them how angry you are at them.

LH: 原來你是說,給餐館經理a piece of your mind意思就是讓他知道我們對他們的服務有多麽的不滿意。

LL: Exactly. And if after this long wait the food is really bad, I just might go back into the kitchen and give the cook a piece of my mind too.

LH: Wow, Larry, 看來你真是需要好好休息一下了。來,深呼吸,再吃塊麵包。

LL: You're right Lihua. I would love to go on vacation, but my boss just gave me a lot of work to do, remember? I'd like to give her a piece of my mind, but I don't want to get fired.

LH: 你可千萬不能跟老板發火。萬一被炒了魷魚,You would really be at your wit's end.

LL: Well at least then I could take a vacation.

LH: 菜怎麽還不來!都是因為你說喜歡在這家餐館的兒童菜單上畫畫,我們才會到這兒來。幸好我現在心情還不錯,否則,I might give you a piece of my mind.

LL: Lihua, I would rather wrestle a tiger than face your anger.

LH: 你是說我比熊還凶嗎?

LL: Haha ... Look, the waiter is coming over with our food.

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是at my wit's end,意思是束手無策,黔驢技窮.另一個是give somebody a piece of your mind,意思是直言不諱地指責別人。
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”