NCE II Lesson 50 Taking for a ride

來源: palmtree 2009-05-04 21:34:18 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1555 bytes)

----------
Dear Friends here, I am back after taking sometime off --It's a long vacation. However, improving English is not my only goal in life, so I guess I could justify my absence.

I miss you all these days and I am still visiting this site regularly. I am so happy to see Eyeyey and 活著樂著finished NCE II. I hope I could improve and finish some day. Cheers~
----------------
Lesson 50 Taken for a ride
I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.
I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.
'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.'
'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor.
I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside. After some time, the bus stopped. Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.
'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.'
'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.
'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly. 'I forgot to put you off.'
'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.'
'We're going back now,' said the conductor.
'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.

所有跟帖: 

Moved and inspired by all of your endeavor -billnet- 給 billnet 發送悄悄話 billnet 的博客首頁 (80 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 21:45:28

回複:Moved and inspired by all of your endeavor -palmtree- 給 palmtree 發送悄悄話 (63 bytes) () 05/05/2009 postreply 08:56:18

回複:NCE II Lesson 50 Taking for a ride -billnet- 給 billnet 發送悄悄話 billnet 的博客首頁 (294 bytes) () 05/05/2009 postreply 20:26:57

I have no doubt that you can make it. -eyeyey- 給 eyeyey 發送悄悄話 eyeyey 的博客首頁 (29 bytes) () 05/06/2009 postreply 07:14:08

thank you -billnet- 給 billnet 發送悄悄話 billnet 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/06/2009 postreply 12:48:12

Welcome back! -eyeyey- 給 eyeyey 發送悄悄話 eyeyey 的博客首頁 (86 bytes) () 05/06/2009 postreply 07:12:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”