My first homework

來源: Jinmy 2009-02-06 19:30:38 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1452 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Jinmy ] 在 2009-02-09 05:00:16 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Special thanks to eyeyey who provides instructions and YuGong provides text book and audio.

This is my first homework, although I did more than 10 times recital, I just couldn't eliminate mistakes. I wish I could do it better next time.

Lesson 59 Collecting

Listen to the tape then answer the question below.

What in particular does a person gain when he or she becomes a serious collector?

People tend to amass possessions, sometimes without being aware of doing so. Indeed they can have a delightful surprise when they find something useful which they did not know they owned. Those who never have to move house become indiscriminate collectors of what can only be described as clutter. They leave unwanted objects in drawers, cupboards and attics for years, in the belief that they may one day need just those very things. As they grow old, people also accumulate belongings for two other reasons, lack of physical and mental energy, both of which are essential in turning out and throwing away, and sentiment. Things owned for a long time are full associations with the past, perhaps with relatives who are dead, and so they gradually acquire a value beyond their true worth

所有跟帖: 

Very good start! -eyeyey- 給 eyeyey 發送悄悄話 eyeyey 的博客首頁 (154 bytes) () 02/06/2009 postreply 20:46:26

Thank you for your comment, it's important to me -Jinmy- 給 Jinmy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2009 postreply 08:46:33

回複:My first homework -palmtree- 給 palmtree 發送悄悄話 (41 bytes) () 02/06/2009 postreply 21:58:15

Thanks -Jinmy- 給 Jinmy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2009 postreply 08:47:00

good job. -風翼- 給 風翼 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2009 postreply 20:52:18

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”