Travel to the West (6): Sea to Sky Gondola

來源: 天邊一片白雲 2024-07-21 14:03:30 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4539 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 天邊一片白雲 ] 在 2024-07-21 14:04:39 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish is along the route of spectacular Sea to Sky Highway or Highway 99 from Vancouver to Whister. We didnt understand why they called Sea to Sky untill we actually drove on the highway and took the Gondola up to the top of the mountain. 

As alway, we rented a car from Costco. Because we will drive this car to Olymmpic park in USA later, we rented a middle-sized SUV in advance. 

P1: the route from Vancouver to Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish

P2: Crossing the lion gate bridge, heading to north

The weather  cooperated very well with our plan. It was a beautiful sunny day on the tenth of April, We picked up the car in the early morning and hited the road, starting our  trip to the Sea to Sky Gondola.

P3: view of the sea and sky all the way along

The ticket price of riding the gondola for one single adult is $71 CAD ( including up and down). I thought it was kind of pricy. But after we went up , It think it is well worth the money, The ride up is so scenic that and there are also lots of amazing viewing platforms to explore at the top!  And the ticket also includes access to a Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, as well as all of the hiking trails at the top.

P4: A view from the Summit Lodge viewig platform at the top of the gondola, adjacent to the gondola terminal

P5: Enjoy a slack "beside" the snow mountains.

There are lots of picnic tables on the Summit Lodge viewing platform.

p6: Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge 

The Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge is approximately 100 metres long and has amazing 360 degree views of the area, both up to the high alpine of the mountains above and down to Howe Sound below.

I  am normally scare of crossing suspension bridge because of the heigh and wobbling, especially when the bridge is over a river  and the floor is not solid. I was hesite if I should pass this one when I saw a old lady was crossing it. I summoned my courage to try.  It turned out this one is not that bad because underleash the bridge are forests, and the floor of the bridge is solid. I am glad I did. There is a another fantistic viewing  platform - spirit viewing platform on the other side of the bridge.

P7: spirit viewing platform

P8: There are a few short  trails on the top. All are still covered with some snows. We walked all of them.

P9: Chief overlook viewing platform

This viewing platform is very unique and dramatic. It hangs over hundreds of metres of sheer drop. It's a heart-thumping opportunity to stand close to the edge and see the landscape surrounding Howe Sound. It  located on the  middle of the Panorama Trail

It is said this place is very busy in Summer. I can imagine that. I think we went there  at right time. Even though I  Iike seeing mauntains and sea, I try to avoid  people mountain and people sea. 

On the way back, we stopped by  to watch the Shannon Falls in Shannon Falls Provincial Park. We skipped the Lynn Canyon Suspention bridge which dangles above the raging waters in the canyon below. I didn't want to challenge my heart.

Thank you. 

所有跟帖: 

Very nice! We haven't been there yet ;-)) -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 14:11:38

thx 4 sharing 白雲。 -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 14:12:41

你們那裏好去處太多了,都在不太遠的地方。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 14:22:00

I guess one has to be there. No vids/pics can deliver. -7grizzly- 給 7grizzly 發送悄悄話 7grizzly 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 15:25:32

Can’t agree more. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 16:50:33

Breathtaking views! Enjoy your writing!我也恐高害怕走那種晃動的橋:) -暖冬cool夏- 給 暖冬cool夏 發送悄悄話 暖冬cool夏 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 15:53:24

你們加州一號高速公路沿線也挺美的。就是在有些地段開車心驚膽顫, 怕掉到海裏。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 16:55:02

My drive along the Sea to Sky Highway was an exhilarating -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:34:47

blend of adrenaline and awe. The road hugged the coastline, -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:37:06

revealing secluded coves, while the mountains soared into -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:38:14

the sky, inviting adventure. Thank you for sharing your -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:39:48

unique experience! -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:40:11

Your write-up is so vivid and poetic. love it . thanks -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/22/2024 postreply 13:27:10

Travel around Canada 1st b4 travel to the world, -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 19:07:56

breath taking sceneries beat most countries -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 19:09:08

Yes. 加拿大內好多地方都沒去過。我不太喜歡坐飛機。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/22/2024 postreply 13:30:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”