The big zucchini, bus, and laughter

來源: 最西邊的島上 2024-07-21 08:25:42 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5427 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 最西邊的島上 ] 在 2024-07-21 20:34:48 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Yesterday at noon, we went to the local annual "paint-in" art event and the farmers' market (both on the same street). We parked our car, and walked about 20 mins to get there.  There were over a hundred artist booths, and a few thousand people spread over the 2km long street, from the art gallery all the way to the beach.  The weather was hot, so we only walked halfway.  I talked to a couple of interesting artists and bought some veggies at the market.  Among the veg I bought, there was a very big and heavy zucchini, about 15" long and 3lbs in weight.  It's too big for the knapsack, but very comfortable on the shoulder, so I decided to carry it, to reduce hubby's load.

I also booked a couple of almond croissants at Crust Bakery on Fort St (白雲 knows about it too ;-).  So after sharing a small meal, we walked to the bakery, along with the big zucchini.  Victoria people are normally very friendly, but yesterday, because of the big zucchini on my shoulder, I think, the drivers were also very friendly.;-)  They even let us pass first at no-light intersections even when they were there first.

We picked up the treat and also ordered some to eat at the bakery, and I felt very tired and didn't want to walk another half an hour back to our car under the hot sun.  So I decided to take the bus home by myself, with the big zucchini, of course.  The bus came when we were still eating, I quickly grabbed my sunglasses and the big zucchini and ran towards the bus stop across the street.  The bus had already started leaving when the driver saw me with the big zucchini, he stopped the bus and let me get on and smiled: "take your time", when I was struggling to find the change for bus fare.

I don't remember when was the last time I took a bus, so I decided to treat it as an adventure.  But not long after I found a seat and sat down. I then fell asleep till the bus went half way into a bumpy neighbourhood street.  Good thing: the big zucchini and the sunglasses were still on my lap.;-)  The neighbourhoods are the ones we ride bikes often, so it's interesting to watch them from high up.  

I got off the bus at its final stop, carried the big zucchini on my shoulder and walked another 15 mins to home.  When I passed the University faculty club, there were 6 or 7 people waiting for the club restaurant to open.  One lady among them said to me: "Is that a zucchini?", I replied" "yes, and I just got off the bus. " without stopping.  And then all of a sudden, they all started laughing loudly. I had no idea if they were laughing at the big zucchini,  or at me, or at me with my nice long dress and carrying the big zucchini, but I think they didn't mean anything negative.  That was perfectly fine with me, as it is always nice to see people happy/cheerful, and that made me feel happy/cheerful in return.  A wonderful world indeed. 鬼臉

Packed Street

The big zucchini wearing my sunglasses (came free in 2018 with wine bought then)

所有跟帖: 

Nice story! What do you plan to do with that rogue squash? -7grizzly- 給 7grizzly 發送悄悄話 7grizzly 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 08:39:07

Thx! 做包子餡兒 :-)),as it's not very tender。 -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 08:44:55

I made zucchini 包子 last week. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 13:44:23

Yummy!! :-) -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 14:02:08

+1 -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:48:22

Haha, you make me laugh too. Victoria people are very nice. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 13:24:11

Imaging you carrying a big zucchini and traveling around. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 13:31:56

for 3 hrs in long dress&fancy shoes -pretended 2b an Artist -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 13:57:35

OthersMustLaughedQuietly2. Wish I knew theZucchini b4 ;)) -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 13:58:36

The giant zucchini strutted around like a supermodel, shades -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:02:25

and all. There's something about its owner. -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:04:41

I bet your zucchini must have enjoyed the market day. -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:44:10

What a day! -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 renqiulan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 17:47:05

looks like a squash to me -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/21/2024 postreply 19:05:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”