【新聞填空】 Starliner (答案及慣用語在原文標出)

來源: 妖妖靈 2024-06-20 16:42:51 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (19855 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 妖妖靈 ] 在 2024-06-21 20:04:10 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I'm super busy nowadays. But I realize that since I started 新聞填空, I have been paying a lot of attention to the details of English. 

Please fill out 5 blanks. 

@@@@@@@@@@

Two astronauts wait to come home as Boeing races to understand spacecraft issues. Here’s what’s at ( 1.  stake  )

CNN — 

Boeing’s Starliner spacecraft was set to mark its (2. crowning ) achievement this month: Ferrying two NASA astronauts on a round trip to the International Space Station, proving the long-delayed and (3. over)-budget capsule is up for the task.

Starliner is (4.  half    ) to that goal.

But the two veteran astronauts piloting this test flight are now in a tentative position — extending their stay aboard the space station for a second time while engineers on the ground scramble to learn more about issues that plagued the first leg of their journey.

Spaceflight veterans Suni Williams and Butch Wilmore arrived at the space station aboard the Starliner on June 6. NASA initially projected their stay would last about a week.

But troubles the vehicle experienced en (5. route    ) , including helium leaks and thrusters that abruptly stopped working, have raised questions about how the back half of the mission will play out.

@@@@@@@@

at stake:

to be won or lost; at risk.
    "people's lives could be at stake"

at issue or in question.
    "the logical response is to give up, but there's more at stake than logic"

crowning:

1. forming the triumphant culmination of an effort or endeavor.
    "the crowning moment of a worthy career"

en route:

adverb
  1. during the course of a journey; on the way.
    "he stopped in Turkey en route to Geneva"

所有跟帖: 

不知所雲。瞎猜。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (6140 bytes) () 06/20/2024 postreply 17:49:36

TBH, I may not be able to answer any qs correctly:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2024 postreply 08:33:56

Just trying. Thanks, Yao mm. -暖冬cool夏- 給 暖冬cool夏 發送悄悄話 暖冬cool夏 的博客首頁 (135 bytes) () 06/20/2024 postreply 22:34:55

I will give reference answer later.答案不是唯一,隻要邏輯語法對,就都對!:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2024 postreply 08:36:10

My answers -7grizzly- 給 7grizzly 發送悄悄話 7grizzly 的博客首頁 (1534 bytes) () 06/21/2024 postreply 09:00:57

厲害! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2024 postreply 14:31:58

===謝謝童鞋們積極參與,答案及慣用語在原文標出!我一直很好奇太空,一直很關注這件事,希望宇航員平安返回地球!:)=== -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2024 postreply 20:07:37

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”