Hattie MacDaniel, 1st AA, won OSCAR, Gone with the Wind

來源: TJKCB 2023-12-30 20:23:04 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (36618 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ TJKCB ] 在 2023-12-30 20:43:32 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Vivien Leigh had blue eyes; Scarlett is described as having green eyes, not beautiful but handsome. Vivien Leigh lived an immoral life, Scarlett didn't, so I don't know where you're getting your information from. Vivien left her husband and only child to live with Laurence Olivier, who in turn left his wife and child.

The main issue during the making of GWTW was Vivien and Larry could not be together as that would have caused scandal since hollywood was at that time being portrayed as morally good, a clean up act from the silent movie era which in effect produced the golden age of nonsense. Vivien was tired, homesick and needed Larry. O. Selznick actually allowed them both to stay at one of his homes for a dirty weekend. This weekend revived Vivien so much so that the first scene in the movie to show Scarlett was the last to be filmed as Scarlett at the start of the book is 16, and the end of the book she's 26 and Vivien was 25/26 while filming and before the infamous weekend she looked drawn, tired and older.

From the time Vivien read GWTW she said she would play Scarlett and she fought tooth and nail for the role. This determination to get what she wanted was the same as when she had first seen Olivier, even though she was a married woman and mother she exclaimed to the shock of a close friend that one day she would be his wife.

Cable caused a lot of trouble during the making of the movie as he felt the movie should be about Rhett and not Scarlett, hence why there were so many changes with the producer. Cable couldn't dance and Leigh was a trained ballerina, so during the auction waltz, a rotating floor had to be used so it looked like Cable was dancing correctly, this also annoyed him as he felt demoralised.

GWTW is indeed a classic movie not only for the story and actors but also for the hand painted cell work, The Twelve Oaks and The Butler Mansion exteriors were both hand-painted into the movie something that is rarely mentioned. The book is much better than the movie and to the annoyance of many seeing the movie for the first time Scarlett's two other children are never brought into it. Scarlett wouldn't be Scarlett without Mammy, who is everything to Scarlett and a force of morals within the story.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for the info. Very nice, and I learned. -唐宋韻- 給 唐宋韻 發送悄悄話 唐宋韻 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 21:09:21

I love Gone with the Wind, and amazed by the technology. -唐宋韻- 給 唐宋韻 發送悄悄話 唐宋韻 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 21:12:18

I mean it was 1939. When ordinary cameras sometime -唐宋韻- 給 唐宋韻 發送悄悄話 唐宋韻 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 21:14:07

still used glass negatives, how could those Hollywood guys -唐宋韻- 給 唐宋韻 發送悄悄話 唐宋韻 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 21:15:16

make color movies? Amazing! Guess what is in the photo - -唐宋韻- 給 唐宋韻 發送悄悄話 唐宋韻 的博客首頁 (81 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 21:17:09

Wow! well technical! -TJKCB- 給 TJKCB 發送悄悄話 TJKCB 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2023 postreply 19:09:10

"Tomorrow is another day!" is my favorite quote toooooooooo -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 12/31/2023 postreply 05:21:36

Scarlett is resilient and determined. That's what I admire -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2023 postreply 05:23:19

most about her. 郝思嘉堅韌不拔,意誌堅定,生機勃勃,充滿活力。 -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2023 postreply 05:24:37

當然飄裏的黑媽媽也令人印象深刻。多謝分享。 -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2023 postreply 05:26:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”