a part of a commencement speech (#1)

來源: 心存善念 2022-02-15 18:46:41 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2086 bytes)

Well, look, I don’t even have a college degree. As you might have heard I went to Harvard, I just didn’t graduate from Harvard. I got pretty close but I started to get movie roles and I didn’t finish all my courses. But I put on a cap and gown and I walked with my class. My mom and dad and brother were there and everything, I just never got an actual degree. So you could say I kind of fake graduated.

So you can imagine how excited I was when President Reif called to invite me to speak at the MIT commencement. And then you can imagine how sorry I was to learn that the MIT commencement speaker does not get to go home with a degree. So yes, for the second time in my life, I am fake graduating from a college in my hometown. And my mom and my dad and my brother are here again. And this time I brought my wife and my four kids. So welcome kids to your dad’s second fake graduation. You must be so proud.

So as I said, my mom is here. She is a professor, so she knows the value of an MIT degree. She also knows that I couldn’t have gotten in here. I mean Harvard, you know, barely or a safety school like Yale. Look, I’m not running for any kind of office, I can say pretty much whatever I want.

所有跟帖: 

Which celebrity‘s speech? -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/15/2022 postreply 20:25:36

下帖有更多線索 -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/15/2022 postreply 21:04:00

I like him; he's an actor and yet he's so real. -ibelieu- 給 ibelieu 發送悄悄話 ibelieu 的博客首頁 (134 bytes) () 02/16/2022 postreply 09:56:16

公子好聰明,有其父必有其子 -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/16/2022 postreply 15:20:15

Haha. fake graduation. 不知道是誰,等你公布。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/16/2022 postreply 14:28:32

今天又發了第二段,應該有更多線索來猜 -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/16/2022 postreply 15:19:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”