【家Home】A home away from home

來源: rockcurrent 2022-01-01 05:37:51 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13569 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2022-01-02 05:06:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

A home away from home

?

(Sorry, please be careful with rotating your neck, some photos are not in proper orientation and it does not allow me to adjust them :) :)

To most of the travellers, a home away from home means a hotel, a cabin, a short-rented house or anything which provides you a temporary shelter. However, a home away from home means a travel trailer for me.

I like camping in summer time. At the very beginning, I was going camping by tenting. It was fun to sleep in a tent and breathe the fresh oxygen-rich forestry air. But, if it is a rainy day, then it would be a different story and it would be very appreciable if there would be a roof sheltering you and your family. It would be totally understandable that you can be jealous to people living in a trailer at a camping site while you are curling in a damp and cold tent.Thereafter, I always casted my eye on the neighbour’s trailer, wondering how it would feel if we could have a trailer at camping site. At the very beginning, it was almost impossible for us to have a trailer: it is expensive, needs a lot of care, related knowledge, and most importantly, it requires a towing vehicle. Please don’t argue with me that RV would also be an option.

With the above jealousy in my mind, I started to pay? some attention to trailer related issues, and I found that tent trailer would be the option: towable by an SUV and not extremely expensive and it is doable to first-time owner. Then there came our very first first tent trailer. Even now I still believe a tent trailer is a smart idea for camping: it is? towable with most of the vehicles as long as the vehicle has the tow hitch. As it is light and small, it could be parked at almost all types of camping site. Some people may have no idea about tent trailers, and here are some basic explanations: a tent trailer is a living space under a foldable roof, it has beds, table, cooking stove, sink, fridge, and heating furnace. The roof needs to be cranked up at the camping site and folded down during traveling.? It was very exciting to have our very tent trailer camping trip.

?

However, after several trips, we started to put our expectations a little higher. Setting or unsetting a tent trailer takes time; it is not convenient to access the packed stuff in the trailer as it is folded down; it does not have a shower or bathroom in a tent trailer. So my next goal would be light-weight hardside trailer with show and bathroom. Trailers usually weight from several thousand pounds to over ten thousand pounds. The bigger the trailer, the more the weight and requires a? vehicle with more powerful towing capacity. Trailers longer than 30 feet usually weigh over 6000 pounds and some can be over 10,000 pounds, and may require a truck for towing.Usually a medium to large SUV could tow 2500 to 5000 pounds. My vehicle can tow 7000 pounds at the most, so a trailer weighs under 4000 pounds would be ideal.

?

?

?

?

?

?

My first hardside trailer is a 22 feet long, fiberglass walled, with a queen size and a bunk beds. This trailer sheltered us in many beautiful places and provided us a brand new way to enjoy nature. We had a lot of good memories with this trailer. I felt guilty about selling it when we decided to move to another city.?

?

We could not live a summer life without a trailer and I bought a larger one which is 27 feet long, with three single beds, one full-size bed, powered jack and awning, and of course it weighs more and a little harder to tow for my previous vehicle. To make the towing less challenging, I updated my towing vehicle to a more powerful version with a diesel engine. We have had a lot of good moments and memories with the current trailer. Almost all the weekends, this trailer provided us with shelter no matter if it was rainy or sunny, hot or cool, windy or calm. Let the pictures talk.

?

?

?

?

?

?

?
?
?
?

At the end of this summer, I owned another new unit which has a slide-out. It is so spacious like a 2 bedroom apartment on wheels. Love it so much and will try it out in the coming 2022 summer days. My son was very demanding and he wants an RV instead of a trailer. Unfortunately I could not afford an RV.

?

After having this home away from home, it added countless moments which are impossible without it. Most importantly, we have more time to spend together with family members and close friends. These moments are worth the money and time I spent on these trailers, homes away from home. Friends, if you don’t have a trailer, please don’t hesitate to get it. You will never regret it.

?

?
?

?

?

?

?

?

所有跟帖: 

沙發! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 07:57:39

把圖片rotate,在html頁麵下,在每個想旋轉的img那句加上這個code: -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (209 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 08:00:17

讚豪華大片 -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 07:58:00

謝謝謝你喜歡,也等著你的豪華大貼 -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:43:45

HappyNewYear! What a wonderful 2021 you have!All kinds of homes! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 08:10:53

It does sound like a perfect home away from home… -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 09:09:20

讚,豪車,豪宅,! 圖2太過分了,居然上下顛倒, -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 10:05:04

哎,現在才知道手機拿反了!終於知道該怎麽正過來! -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:22:06

Trailer的裏麵和RV的是不是差不多啊? -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 11:07:12

trailer比RV寬敞一些,但是 和class A的 coach RV沒法比. ClassA的RV基本1$/公裏 的油耗,而且 -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (99 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:30:53

英文真流暢,讀著是享受。景色非常優美,尤其是那種夢蓮湖,陽光正好照上,很有日照金山的感覺!太棒了! -沿途美景- 給 沿途美景 發送悄悄話 沿途美景 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 13:36:49

美景去過夢蓮湖,那是我的最愛。現在去marine lake困難啦,需要3:00am到,這張照片是3:00起床,再晚10分鍾就沒戲 -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:38:05

RC 新年好!寫得很棒!有Trailer 的 Camping 也許我也會enjoy, haha -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 14:40:17

你們不camping嗎?我們這裏也有些朋友從來不camping. -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:40:19

謝謝分享。很棒。節日快樂。 -chuntianle- 給 chuntianle 發送悄悄話 chuntianle 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 16:28:08

謝謝音樂家看貼,看到樓上你的原創作品啦,非常棒 -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:42:20

把你的圖片都正過來了,你看看。 code見跟帖。 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (13468 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 22:26:23

【code】 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (13520 bytes) () 01/01/2022 postreply 22:44:24

謝謝妖妖。昨天太累,早早的呼呼去了。晚上回來再發帖祝大家新年快樂. -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 05:10:56

恭喜RC。首頁進來,謝謝網管,家Home A home away from home推薦成功 -梅雨潭- 給 梅雨潭 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2022 postreply 10:15:56

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”