Elon Musk talks about metaverse

來源: 心存善念 2021-12-24 17:37:49 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5425 bytes)

Elon Musk has made it clear to metaverse fans he has no time for the idea of virtual worlds and living life as an avatar.

"I don't know if I necessarily buy into this metaverse stuff," the Tesla CEO said Tuesday, in an interview with satirical site The Babylon Bee. "Although people talk to me a lot about it — Web3."

Musk is not convinced, and he poked fun at the suggestion people would willingly wear virtual or augmented reality headsets for big chunks of their day, just to wander a futuristic virtual landscape.

"Sure, you can put a TV on your nose," he said, mocking the idea this would actually transport a person into a different world.

"I'm like ... uh, what? Is that good for you?" he said.

Musk added he couldn't envisage anyone strapping a screen to their face all day and not wanting to ever leave. "It gets uncomfortable to have this thing strapped to your head the whole time."

"You could do a video game on your computer console, or whatever, and you can get a first-person game and move rapidly and not get motion sickness," he said. 

"But if you try to do that with VR goggles, you get motion sickness. It doesn't feel like that's the answer, necessarily."

"I think we're far from disappearing into the metaverse. This sounds just kind of buzzword-y."

And in response to bitcoin proponent Jack Dorsey, who this week criticized venture capital's influence in the space, Musk asked whether anyone's seen Web3, saying he "can't find it."

In the hourlong Babylon Bee interview, Musk acknowledged he might be seen as rejecting the metaverse in the same way many dismissed the internet in its early days of the 1990s.

"There's some danger that that's the case. But I currently am unable to see a compelling metaverse situation," he said. "I don't get it. Maybe I will, but I don't get it yet."

所有跟帖: 

開心先和唐古在一句話翻譯時學了metaverse的概念:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 20:17:57

他和推特的那位似乎都不推這個"元宇宙"~~ -青鬆站- 給 青鬆站 發送悄悄話 青鬆站 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 20:37:27

我也不推 :)) -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 20:41:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”