X'mas is the season for giving

來源: 心存善念 2021-12-24 10:24:34 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2459 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 心存善念 ] 在 2021-12-24 10:26:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

The Homeless Man With Terminal Cancer Who Gave Everything He Had  

A homeless man in Colorado used what little he had to give a selfless gift during a toy drive at a local Walmart. Glen McCarthy walked to Walmart to get a cup of coffee, and was instantly touched by the toy drive that was going on. He ended up buying a Barbie and a Hot Wheels set, but he couldn’t stop thinking about a shiny new kid’s bike he saw. “And I looked at that bike, and the bike was marked $59, but the tag underneath it said $44,” he said.

It’s not a lot of money for some, but for Glen, it was nearly everything. Later that night, he still couldn’t stop thinking about the bike and how happy it would make a kid in his shoes, come Christmas morning. He walked back to Walmart and asked about the bike, since the tag listed two different prices. Once a clerk realized what he was doing, she told him that he could have the bike for $44.

"I got to thinking, this is probably going to be my last Christmas. I’m no one, so might as well make some little kid happy. It took my losing everything to realize that I’m happier now in my life than when I had when I had big money," he said.

所有跟帖: 

一定-__:&謝謝念念-:)) -青鬆站- 給 青鬆站 發送悄悄話 青鬆站 的博客首頁 (315 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 10:40:31

有個想法,~ -青鬆站- 給 青鬆站 發送悄悄話 青鬆站 的博客首頁 (621 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 21:55:52

鬆鬆說的我好感動。每人多做一點給一點,世界才會更好! -心存善念- 給 心存善念 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2021 postreply 22:43:44

Thanks for sharing this touching story. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/25/2021 postreply 08:28:01

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”