【歡迎跟讀】新概念4 Lesson6The Sporting Spirit 兼如何做視頻

來源: beautifulwind 2021-03-29 22:53:25 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (12627 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ beautifulwind ] 在 2021-03-31 17:39:19 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Since I started to learn NCE4, I feel more comfortable writing long sentences and  applying  English words more fluently. And I am more confident when I speak English in front of others. Plus, I have the habit to check every single new word when I read English articles.

I think my brain regions controlling  language are  getting smarter. :)

Thanks 小夥伴們 for reading NCE4 with me.:)

BTW, I found a video on how to use Windows Movie Maker. Please check the attachment. Photo editor is another tool to make your own video. 

I like YouTube a lot. With YouTube guidence, I could get basic skills in any field. :)

美音版原讀 https://www.tingclass.net/show-5046-924-1.html

英音版原讀 https://www.tingclass.net/show-5025-237-1.html

Lesson 6
The sporting spirit
體育的精神

First listen and then answer the following question.
聽錄音,然後回答以下問題.
How does the writer describe sport at the international level?
I am always amazed when I hear people saying that sport creates goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield. Even if one didn't know from concrete examples (the 1936 Olympic Games, for instance) that international sporting contests lead to orgies of hatred, one could deduce it from general principles.
Nearly all the sports practised nowadays are competitive. You play to win, and the game has little meaning unless you do your utmost to win. On the village green, where you pick up sides and no feeling of local patriotism is involved, it is possible to play simply for the fun and exercise: but as soon as  the question of prestige arises, as soon as you feel that you and some larger unit will be disgraced if you lose, the most savage combative instincts are aroused. Anyone who has played even in a school football match knows this. At the international level, sport is frankly mimic warfare. But the significant thing is not the behaviour of the players but the attitude of the spectators: and, behind the spectators, of the nations who work themselves into furies over these absurd contests, and seriously believe -- at any rate for short periods -- that running, jumping and kicking a ball are tests of national virtue.
GEORGE ORWELL The sporting spirit
New words and expression
goodwill
n. 友好
cricket
n. 板球
inclination
n. 意願
contest
n. 比賽
orgy
n. 無節製的,放蕩
deduce
v. 推斷
competitive
adj. 競爭性的
patriotism
n. 地方觀念,愛國主義
disgrace
v. 使丟臉
savage
adj. 野性的
combative
adj. 好鬥的
mimic warfare
模擬戰爭
behaviour
n. 行動,舉止
absurd
adj. 荒唐的

當我聽人們說體育運動可創造國家之間的友誼,還說各國民眾若在足球場或板球場上交鋒,就不願在戰場上殘殺的時候,我總是驚愕不已。一個人即使不能從具體的事例(例如1936年的奧林匹克運動會)了解到國際運動比賽會導致瘋狂的仇恨,也可以從常理中推斷出結論。 現在開展的體育運動幾乎都是競爭性的。參加比賽就是為了取勝。如果不拚命去贏,比賽就沒有什麽意義了。 在鄉間的草坪上,當你隨意組成兩個隊,並且不涉及任何地方情緒時,那才可能是單純的為了娛樂和鍛煉而進行比賽。可是一量涉及到榮譽問題,一旦你想到你和某一團體會因為你輸而丟臉時,那麽最野蠻的爭鬥天性便會激發起來。即使是僅僅參加過學校足球賽的人也有種體會。在國際比賽中,體育簡直是一場模擬戰爭。但是,要緊的還不是運動員的行為,而是觀眾的態度,以及觀眾身後各個國家的態度。麵對著這些荒唐的比賽,參賽的各個國家會如癡如狂,甚至煞有介事地相信 -- 至少在短期內如此 -- 跑跑、跳跳、踢踢球是對一個民族品德素質的檢驗。

所有跟帖: 

安安靜靜戒個網還不太容易,最近總是慢吞吞地舌頭都伸不直了,抻一抻, -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (292 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 18:48:49

你這是舌頭上裝了彈簧?這課學會了hatred,spectators,前幾天你還用到這些詞,果然開卷有益:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (326 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 20:14:05

不可能這樣的語速說話,本來說話就不太清楚, -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 05:24:45

A big hand for picking George Orwell. -LYJiang- 給 LYJiang 發送悄悄話 LYJiang 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 21:05:50

Orwell prefers active to passive voice. -LYJiang- 給 LYJiang 發送悄悄話 LYJiang 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 21:09:49

His preference makes good sense to writers. -LYJiang- 給 LYJiang 發送悄悄話 LYJiang 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 21:12:28

Thx 4 introducing the background of the author! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2021 postreply 21:58:18

美風這水汪汪的聲音真好聽,水汪汪的聲音?有這麽形容的嗎? -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 05:32:32

哈哈,這通感,太適合寫歌詞啦!:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 09:19:22

I don't enjoy competitive races. -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 10:19:15

蟲蟲性格溫和,總把自己做到最好:)謝謝你的指正,我的多音節和元音還是需要再努力!:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 11:49:30

朗讀得真棒!多謝分享怎麽做視頻,很需要。對美音版原讀感興趣,但好像打不開。 -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 16:47:03

謝謝盈盈鼓勵,我這口音忒重,不過讀就比不讀強。Oops,美音的link現在應該行了,你看看? -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 17:43:33

你讀得很棒,喜歡你的倫敦腔。美音link現在打開了,謝謝妖妖!麽麽噠! -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/31/2021 postreply 18:10:14

謝謝分享視頻製作。頒獎典禮是用MOVIE MAKER 做的嗎?讀得很好。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (362 bytes) () 04/07/2021 postreply 13:29:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”