We all want freedom.

來源: 甜蟲蟲 2021-01-07 09:19:10 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2230 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 甜蟲蟲 ] 在 2021-01-07 10:18:36 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

But all rights come with responsibilities.

“Rights and responsibilities help make our communities better. Rights are freedoms we have that are protected by our laws, while responsibilities are duties or things that we should do. In order to be good citizens, or members of a community, we must understand our rights and responsibilities.”

Carelessly or intentionally spreading rumors and conspiracy theories is abusing the right to free speech. It's very dangerous! Words have consequences!  We, especially people in influential positions, should be responsible for what we put on social media. 

Trump has been abusing his right to free speech all these years! It has shocked me again and again that he could get away with whatever he says without any consequences! It shcocked me that he was elected as the President at all for that matter!

Yesterday's display was shameful. It's a sad day. I really hope that could be a wake-up call for Americans!

By the way, not all speeches are protected by the first Amendment. Here is the  link to the excpetions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

所有跟帖: 

Who the hell decide which is good -AprilMei- 給 AprilMei 發送悄悄話 AprilMei 的博客首頁 (27 bytes) () 01/07/2021 postreply 11:16:15

Common sense, education, etc. the list goes on... -just_4_fun- 給 just_4_fun 發送悄悄話 just_4_fun 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/07/2021 postreply 11:35:52

From this aspect, I feel education is overrated :))) -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/07/2021 postreply 12:59:43

The “education” I talked about is not the conventional -just_4_fun- 給 just_4_fun 發送悄悄話 just_4_fun 的博客首頁 (458 bytes) () 01/07/2021 postreply 14:13:26

You gave "education" a new definition. I LIKE that:) -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/08/2021 postreply 12:25:17

For the common good, -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (197 bytes) () 01/07/2021 postreply 12:55:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”