周末一笑: Who's Afraid Now?(ZT)

來源: 南山鬆 2016-11-11 17:23:45 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6341 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 南山鬆 ] 在 2016-11-11 17:28:31 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

1 是誰害怕?/Who's Afraid Now?

A neighbor told us about a trip he took with his two-and-a-half-year-old son. It was the first time the father and the boy had been away by themselves.

The first night they spent in a hotel, the father moved his bed close to the boy's and when they were both tucked in, he turned out the light. After a few minutes, a little voice said, "It surely is dark, isn't it?" "Yes," said the father, "it's pretty dark, but everything is all right." There was silence for a few more minutes, and then a small hand reached over and took the father's hand, "I'll just hold your hand," said the little boy, "in case you get frightened."

一位鄰居告訴我們,他曾帶著兩歲半的兒子旅行。這是父親頭一次帶著兒子單獨出門。

他們住在旅館的第一個晚上,父親將自己的床移近兒子的床。他們掖好被子後他就關了燈。幾分鍾之後,一個細小的聲音說:“屋子裏真夠黑的,是不是?”“是的,”父親說,“屋裏是夠黑的,但是一切都正常。”又安靜了幾分鍾後,一隻小手伸過來握住父親的手。“我握住你的手,”小男孩說,“免得你害怕。”

2 我不想走回家/I Don’t Want to Walk Home  

Tom is a very old man. After dinner, he likes walking in the street. And he goes to bed at seven o’clock.   

But tonight, a car stopped at his house. A policeman helps him get out. He tells Tom’s wife, “The old man couldn’t find his way in the street. He asked me to take him in the car.”  

After the policeman leaves, his wife asks, “Tom, you go to the street every night. But tonight you can’t find the way, what’s the matter?”  

The old man smiles like a child and says, “I couldn’t find my way? I didn’t want to walk home.”  

湯姆是一位很老的人,他喜歡在晚飯後到大街上散步,在7點回來睡覺。  

但是,今天晚上一輛小汽車停在他家門前,湯姆在一位警察的幫助下走下汽車。警察告訴湯姆的妻子:“這位老人在街上迷路了,他讓我用汽車送他回來。” 

警察走後他的妻子問:“湯姆,你每天都到那條街上散步,但是今天你找不到路了,你怎麽了?”

這位老人像孩子般的笑道:“我找不到路了?我是不想走路回家。”

3 那不是我的狗/That Is Not My Dog

A woman walks into a pet shop and sees a cute little dog. She asks the shopkeeper, “Does your dog bite?”  

The shopkeeper says, “No, my dog does not bite.” 

The woman tries to pet the dog and the dog bites her. 

“Ouch!” She says, “I thought you said your dog does not bite!” The shopkeeper replies, “That is not my dog!”  

一個婦人走進一家寵物店,看見一隻很可愛的小狗。她問店主:“你的狗咬人嗎?” 

店主說:“不,我的狗不咬人。”  

於是這個婦人試著撫摸小狗,可是小狗卻咬了她。

“哎喲!”婦人說,“我想你剛才還說你的狗不咬人。” 店主人回答說:“那不是我的狗。”

4 誰把墨水倒在我椅子了?/Who Pours Ink on My Chair?    

Donny is a seven-year-old boy. He goes to school every day. The school is near his home. So he goes there on foot and comes back home on time. But today, he is late. His mother asks him, “Why do you go to the headmaster’s office?”    

“Because the teacher asks us a question in class and nobody can answer it, but I can.”

“It’s good to answer the teacher’s question.”

“But the question is ‘Who pours ink on my chair?’”  

唐尼是個7歲孩子,每天他都上學。學校在他的家附近。因此他步行去上學並按時回家。但是今天他回來遲了。他的母親問他:“你為什麽去校長的辦公室?”

“因為老師在上課時老師問我們一個問題,沒有人能回答他,而我能。”

“回答老師的問題是好事。”

“但那個問題是‘誰把墨水倒在我的椅子上了?’”

5 飛機螺旋槳的用處/The Purpose of the Propeller

A: "What's the purpose of the propeller?"

B: "To keep the pilot cool. If you don't think so, just stop it and watch him sweat!"

A:飛機的螺旋槳有什麽用?

B:為了保持飛行員涼爽。不信的話,隻要停止螺旋槳轉動看看飛行員會不會滿頭大汗。

6  我會把您背下去/I'll Carry You Down

My 15-year-old son came bounding in from school and found me in bed. "Don't you feel well, Mom?" he asked with concern. "No, I don't," I said. "Well, don't you worry about dinner," he reassured me. "I'll carry you down to the stove."

我十五歲的兒子連跑帶顛地跑回家裏發現我躺在床上。“媽媽,您覺得不舒服嗎?”他關心地問。“是的,我有點不舒服,”我說。“那麽,您別擔心晚飯了。”他向我打保票說:“我可以把你背到樓下的爐灶前去。”

所有跟帖: 

What is their common trait? -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (80 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 09:07:35

The answer is in your book? 走馬讀人,have a nice weekend! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 14:46:08

yes, i'm bold in this matter -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 16:31:59

:) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:22:57

又見周末笑話。謝謝鬆鬆分享。 -井龍和- 給 井龍和 發送悄悄話 井龍和 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 15:44:45

問好井龍和,周末快樂! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:20:47

Oh, that little boy was so sweet and smart. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (62 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 21:28:59

Yes, he is smart and sweet. 祤湫霖,have a nice weekend! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:22:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”