給大家推薦一個英語節奏的網站。。

來源: beautifulwind 2015-07-16 17:07:15 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9242 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ beautifulwind ] 在 2015-07-27 21:58:31 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
最近又開始學糾音。這是一個很好的網站:http://www.elementalenglish.com/rhythm-in-speech/
比如,這裏我印象深刻的是“I HAVE to Go to  School."在沒有學習之前,我一直把“I”也重讀,結果就是典型的中式英語的語調,但是隻重讀“HAVE”而不重讀“I”之後,聽著就地道多了。。
@@@@@@

Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS

Many students think that learning English is about learning grammar, consonants, vowels, and vocabulary. These form the basic foundation of a language, however, if you want to be understood when speaking American English, and if you want to understand native speakers, it is essential that you improve your stress and rhythm.

Stress

Stressing means that speakers of English make certain syllables and words:

• louder 
  • longer
  • higher in pitch

Basically, stressing means to emphasize a sound. Every word in English has just one syllable with a primary stress or emphasis. 

However, it is not only essential to stress certain syllables and words, but we must also de-stress other syllables and words.

De-stressing means that speakers of English make certain syllables and words:

• more relaxed
  • weaker

Examples | Listen & Repeat

• Engineer –> [en g? NEER] (2nd syllable is de-stressed; 3rd syllable is stressed)
  • English –> [ING glish] (1st syllable is stressed; 2nd syllable is slightly de-stressed)
  • Photograph –> [PHO d? graf] (1st syllable is stressed, 2nd syllable de-stressed, 3rd syllable is secondary stress)

Stressing and de-stressing syllables and words gives us rhythm in English.

Rhythm

Rhythm is the musicality of English–the ups and downs and the connected speech and the linking of words, which together, change how we say sentences.

Remember, speaking with correct rhythm (musicality) is essential to being understood when you speak!

Rhythm comes from the combination of the two types of stress in American English:

1) Syllable stress in words (as discussed above)

2) Word stress in sentences

Word stress in sentences

Americans stress words in sentences that are important to the meaning of the sentence. They carry the content of the sentence. Basically, if you took these content words out of the sentence, you would not understand the meaning of that sentence.

Content Words

• main verbs
  • nouns
  • adjectives
  • adverbs
  • negatives
  • wh-words
  • interjections

Examples | Listen & Repeat

• I HAVE to GO to SCHOOL.
  • I WANT my BROTHER to WIN.
  • It’s NOT the BEST IDEA.

Function Words

Remember, rhythm and musicality in your speech is not just about stressing, but also requires de-stressing, weakening.

In English we de-stress the non-essential, non-content words in a sentence, called the function words. These function words are made weaker, and sometimes practically disappear from a sentence.

Function words include: 

Listen and Repeat

(Function words written in lower case)

• I HAVE to GO to SCHOOL.
  • I WANT my BROTHER to WIN.
  • It’s NOT the BEST IDEA.
Notice, I did NOT say, “I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL”, but I said “I HAVE to GO to SCHOOL” [ay HAV t’GOW t’SKOOL].

I said the function words quicker and more relaxed than the important content words. They almost become part of the content words that follow them [t’GOW; t’SKOOL].

If I left out the non-essential function words from my sentences, you would still understand the general idea of what I’m saying.

Examples

• *HAVE GO SCHOOL
    • *WANT BROTHER WIN
    • *NOT BEST IDEA

In fact, we hear children speak like this all the time when they’re learning to speak English, and we still understand their basic messages.

Listen and Repeat

• “She WANTS to PLAY a GAME.”
  • “I’d LIKE you to JOIN us for DINner.”
  • “We’ll CHOOSE the WINner on SATurday or SUNday.”
  • “MAny of the STUdents are GOing on vaCAtion  toMOrrow.”

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

-Marauders- 給 Marauders 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2015 postreply 20:30:39

謝謝大S大師。我那天和老師一起練習這個重音練習的時候,一下就有了美味的感覺,忍不住推薦給大家。:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (114 bytes) () 07/16/2015 postreply 21:14:29

挺好的資源,尤其喜歡這個de-stress的概念。 -肖莊- 給 肖莊 發送悄悄話 肖莊 的博客首頁 (341 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 09:11:06

要不說你發音好聽呢,我是在老師給了這個概念之後才意識到的,而且我以前尤其單詞的de-stress做的不好, -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (508 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 12:40:54

一個新的網站,謝謝! -Janezhu- 給 Janezhu 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 09:23:51

確實很好,如果平常每句話都找出重讀輕讀,加以練習,慢慢味道就出來了,我們一起學吧:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 12:43:15

stress vs. rhythm vs. rhyme , a secret... -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 09:36:11

En,the secret is disclosed -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 12:44:06

這個網站很不錯,收藏了。謝謝美風的推薦!祝你周末快樂! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 12:56:27

謝謝葉子班班。我收藏了你很多的推薦,都好喜歡。周末愉快! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 19:38:10

Nice ! -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 14:48:36

節奏專家來了,今年你幫著大家一起進步吧:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 19:39:21

非常好的網站,謝謝beautifulwind分享,周末快樂!:) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 17:37:22

謝謝鬆鬆,你的周末一笑在笑聲中學東西,很喜歡。周末愉快! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2015 postreply 19:40:29

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”