Lynn

來源: 不會起名 2014-09-01 20:48:45 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3213 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 不會起名 ] 在 2014-09-03 08:08:55 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Lynn and I were classmates back in graduate school. She was quiet and reserved. Though she was young she was not as florid as many others of her age. Almost everyday after class, she would run to the library and engross herself in her study while most of us would slouch at dilatory pace on campus, chatting the hours away. Or at least that was what I thought she was doing. One day my curiosity about Lynn was so high that I wanted to find out what she was studying. I went to the library and saw her sitting on a settee. I quickly walked by her, pretending not seeing her. However a dozing woman was imaged in the corner of my eye. Of course I did not expect that because it was in the morning. I turned back and in reversing my path saw drool on her mouth. Apparently she was not feigning sleep. Suddenly my allergies let me down and I started to sneeze uncontrollably. She woke up with a shock and yawned, wiping the drool languishly. When she saw me she laughed moderately: "haha, you, sorry". In fact, that was the first time I heard her laugh. I then sat down on the divan beside her and we started a conversation. She revealed that she had a full-time job, worked night shift, and therefore she often took a nap after class. "Can you work part time or be a TA in the department?" "That wouldn't be enough." It turned out that she got married right after high school and had a son when she was an undergradute. She and her husband divorced after two years of marriage and now she was raising her son alone.

Gradually Lynn and I became friends. Probably because of my sympathy with her divorce whenever I saw an opportunity to be with her alone, I would take it. I also tried to ingratiate myself with her in every possible way that a poor student could find. After we became closer, I always kept an umbrella in my office. On a rainy day I would hold the umbrella for her when we would walk together to the library or to her car. On one occasion by the time we walked to her car the rain had stopped. Pointing to her shining car, she said "happy day, my car is glazed with rain water", her eyes glistening lovingly. The following day we found ourselves alone in an elevator greeting each other, by smiling, as usual. Before a word was uttered from either of us, she reached her hands out to my shirt and fastened a button. I was greatly moved by her act, feeling an incredulous elation. The reciprocal love that I had waited for was corroborated and it intoxicated me. Instinctively I grabbed her hands, though clumsily and shyly. Again we both looked at each other and demurely smiled. "Let's go to the class", she pulled me back to reality. During the entire class I was playing the elevator scene in my head again and over again, my mind like water surface, rippled and corrugated by her love. It could be imagined that I was ignorant of what the professor was teaching in that hour.

看到珈玥想到我我欣喜若狂。沒寫完就趕快來向珈玥問聲好。珈玥,謝謝你還想起我:)祝好。我每天都搞得很忙,you take care.

所有跟帖: 

Interesting vocabulary! -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (36 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 21:02:56

oops, 是一個人。謝謝。 -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 21:09:45

不會起名,真高興見你回美語壇了。你這篇校園小說寫的自然流暢精彩有趣。 -珈玥- 給 珈玥 發送悄悄話 珈玥 的博客首頁 (232 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 22:22:09

珈玥, thank you. 有時間我會接著寫:)talk to you later:) -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2014 postreply 22:37:23

寫得非常棒。祝福你的朋友! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/02/2014 postreply 16:42:23

謝謝鼓勵。好多年前的事。 -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 08:24:37

原來是你的經曆呀,我剛讀到你新添加的一段,寫的非常的細膩,栩栩如生。 -珈玥- 給 珈玥 發送悄悄話 珈玥 的博客首頁 (416 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 10:08:28

珈玥,謝謝你:)很喜歡這首歌。我老了,開始懷舊:) -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (87 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 11:01:26

追憶逝水流年,LOL..., 每個人總有老去的一天,而文字不會老去。 -珈玥- 給 珈玥 發送悄悄話 珈玥 的博客首頁 (157 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 19:51:47

說得好,我在等新的故事:) -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:18:05

動人的故事,寫得真好! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/03/2014 postreply 18:44:54

謝謝:) -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:18:44

Emotional. Nice story. -dandelion1- 給 dandelion1 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 08:32:46

Thanks. I was in tears while writing it. -不會起名- 給 不會起名 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2014 postreply 13:22:29

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”