Let me give you some background info.

來源: hammerheadshark 2013-10-19 20:29:25 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1821 bytes)
This is a part from John Irving’s book. Long story short – it all started from a four-year-old girl who had witnessed the assistant of her father, who was a writer, making love with her mother. This assistant was only 16 years old and was hopelessly led by her mother’s beauty to a fetish level. As if the story is not chaotic enough, many years later, the same assistant fell in love with that little girl…. Don’t ask me how it happened, because I haven’t read that part yet.  Now, back to the beginning, as the assistant, the 16-year-old had to live inside the house to assist the writer with his various everyday chores and that was where the trouble came from, because when he had to share the same roof with someone he secretly admired, something would surely happen.
It is not unusual that a young boy or a young girl fantasizes someone much older. We have all been through that age, curious and adventurous, daring but awkward at the same time, yet before you realize it, it all becomes memory. It wouldn’t make much of a story if written in a completely different way. And that is exactly why John Irving is so brilliant. The way he was writing it and laying out his characters in front of you on paper, like playing a movie, crisp and alive, by going into such elaboration, make him one the greatest writer of our age.
Now with this background in mind, if you go back to my first post and read it and read it…until you can see it, smell it and touch it, then you are there.

所有跟帖: 

I am busy primarily with my work. -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (157 bytes) () 10/21/2013 postreply 07:41:20

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”