[父親節活動] like father, like daughter

來源: 京燕花園 2013-06-15 20:15:52 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5359 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 京燕花園 ] 在 2013-06-15 22:02:24 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

~like father, like daughter~
~有其父必有其女~

Whenever we go on a trip, my son and daughter always sing along with their Papa. My hu*****and is a very happy person, he has a wonderful personality and with his loud voice, he is always at the center of a party. I beam with pride and ask the kids, "Didn't I choose the best papa for you! " they would laugh and say thanks mommy, "Papa knows everything!"

Time traces back to 1992, a while after I first met my future hu*****and through work, he flew back to California, so we sent emails daily (sealed with a kiss) and talked on the phone whenever we had a chance. One day we had an annual meeting in Holiday Inn Lido Hotel in Beijing. While I was watching MTV and chatting with my man over the phone, a group of young ladies came on the screen. They were so fresh looking, and their voices were angelic! "Who are they?" I asked, he asked me to describe them, a short haired blonde, a red head, and one with curly long hair, then I started humming with the TV, he said " I bet you are watching Wilson Philips, they are a rising new group, very popular right now!"

You see, the trio group of Wilson Philips played an important role in my love story. With the first glimpse, they became my favorite singers! Guess what? He bought me all their cassettes, CDs and mailed to me the following week. On the days he wasn't around, the songs kept me company.

From wiki, "Wilson Phillips is an American vocal group consisting of Carnie Wilson, Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips. in 1990. Their debut single, "Hold On," hit No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, bumping Madonna's "Vogue" off the top spot!

You have probably heard of " the Beach Boys" and "the Mamas and the Papas" from the 1960s. That's when I say " like father like daughter", music talent runs in the family: Carnie and Wendy Wilson are daughters of Brian Wilson from the Beach boys; Chynna Philips is a daughter of Michelle and John Philips, from "the Mamas and the Papas"!

上麵的英文為梅雨時節潭(美語世界壇)父親節Party而作。歡迎大家有空來玩兒,灌水也好,喝茶也好!

韋爾森∙飛利浦斯樂隊是我非常喜愛的,想當初第一次聽到她們是1992年在北京,那清新的形象,柔和的音色一下子就吸引了我。那一刻我正跟生命中的人電話聊天。後來他買了磁帶寄給我,他不在的日子裏,美妙的歌聲陪著我。

你看,二十年後我可以跟孩子們說,我是不是給你們選了好爸爸!跟先生說,父親節到了,禮物還沒有,我給你了一雙兒女,你可以每天自豪地說,“爸爸什麽都知道!”

Wilson Philips三人組合在1990年就列告示牌第一名,一度超過麥當娜。她們的父親們也頗負盛名。卡妮和文笛的父親是Beach Boys主唱布萊恩, 柴娜的父母也是六十年代著名樂隊the Mamas and Papas 的歌手米雪兒和約翰Michelle & John. 所以我說音樂傳家,有其父必有其女!

~父親節快樂~

California dreaming by the Mamas and the Papas.

Kokomo by the beach boys

Surfin' USA by the beach boys

~父親節快樂~
~Happy Father's Day~

所有跟帖: 

SF! Happy father brings joys to the whole family. -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (154 bytes) () 06/15/2013 postreply 22:20:55

Thanks Yingxue, I see you run here fast!!Happy father's day:) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 09:21:08

Masterpiece! -Lucidus- 給 Lucidus 發送悄悄話 Lucidus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 04:31:26

Thanks a lot Lucidus, happy father's day:) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 09:23:07

So, like mother, like son. -BeautifulMind2013- 給 BeautifulMind2013 發送悄悄話 BeautifulMind2013 的博客首頁 (174 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 06:47:04

Daddy's girl and Mommy's boy.歡迎美麗心靈常來玩:) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 09:26:40

其實我想給的ID名是愛美的心, -BeautifulMind2013- 給 BeautifulMind2013 發送悄悄話 BeautifulMind2013 的博客首頁 (26 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 17:26:17

What a romantic and sweet memory. 祝京燕兒全家永遠快樂幸福。 -楚姍珊- 給 楚姍珊 發送悄悄話 楚姍珊 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 10:43:49

Dear Becca, best wishes to your wonderful family, happy Father's -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2013 postreply 11:18:40

Sweet memory! -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/17/2013 postreply 07:17:36

Thanks hammerheadshark! Enjoy your summer:) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2013 postreply 22:50:46

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”