Did you write this story? It's very well-written and beautifully

來源: 小釗 2013-06-03 07:35:53 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1328 bytes)
回答: 美語視聽:買車的故事作舟2013-06-02 11:08:10
There are a couple of places I couldn't understand:
1. what does "an acute case of pregnancy" mean?
Yes, I am sure, I tell Tim, I am going to go buy a car. He considers me through half-opened eyes for a moment, says, okay, then rolls back over and goes back to sleep. The first order of business is to return the used car that I picked up the day before. My contractions are about ten minutes apart. I discovered that I contracted an acute case of pregnancy within two weeks of moving to Albuquerque from Dallas, where I lived for the last five months. I made the decision to place the baby up for adoption not long after, having found myself homeless and broke and with no one to turn to. I told my family that I wouldn’t be keeping him and within a week, my sister Kim called and asked if she and her hu*****and could adopt him. She was twenty-two and had been married for three weeks. Of course, I said, relieved.
2. What words are at the two XXXXs?
Last night, at the XXXX of Tim’s stepdad, I went to a car lot that sells used rental cars. The slimy salesman delivered his XXXX to Tim, not me, even though  I made it clear  that I was the one with the money; still, he barely looked at me and instead locked eyes with Tim while he explained the great benefits...

所有跟帖: 

Excellent transcription! -作舟- 給 作舟 發送悄悄話 作舟 的博客首頁 (190 bytes) () 06/03/2013 postreply 14:56:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”