An Evening Ride (寫作練習)

來源: sportwoman 2012-10-03 19:50:51 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (8794 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-10-04 17:04:11 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

(Lately I have sacrificed a lot of  entertaining  and sleep  time in order to improve my  English writing. Out of my expectation,  the result was not bad.   Let me give you an example. This afternoon  with a friend at McDonalds ,   to give  my best shot,  in Chinglish ,  I told her the new story The Memories of Being Hungry I wrote 2 days ago. As she listened I found that her eyes were filled with sympathy, and then she let me take half of her fries. To tell you the truth,  I hate to receive sympathy  this way. She didn't know that I was interested in her quarter pounder.  )

An Evening Ride

This evening my friend and I took a drive along a scenic route in a town just  20 minutes away from the city which we live in. Even though the price of gas is not low,  I thought that seeing a sunset and  color turning leaves in a mid-autumn sunny evening  was still worth it.

So there we were, at the rush hour. As soon as merging into a highway I noticed that traffic was quite heavy. When we almost arrived at our destination, vehicles in front of us slowed down.  Looking at the traffic jam stretching bumper to bumper for about 500 feet  caused by the road construction  I cursed like  a longshoreman's sister.  I hate kafuffles like that.  My friends said that I was  supposed to take that cut off earlier to avoid the jam, but hindsight is 20/20, so forget about it. Hoped after going down the hill cars could move faster, she comforted me.   I said that I could not wait to see the sunset in the river shore. "Hold your horses, relax Little Man" my friend said.

Finally cars moved and  before long we get off the highway and took the scenic route which leads us to the river. Driving on that scenic route, I found that the fall foliage in Canada never fails to delight me, even though I have lived in this country  for years, I am still surprised by its beauty.  Along with turning leaves on both side of the road,  we could see quite a few apples trees with a lot of apples that also have already  turned  their colors.   The nice fragrance of  maple leaves and apples flowing in the air made me feel better. I took a deep breath,  feeling like I was set free from the impatient mindset caused by the  heavy traffic a while ago.

As  I was busy with catching up with the train of my  thoughts which was running fast, I also had a hard time catching up with what my friend had said...in English.  So I decided to concentrate on driving.  All of a sudden, through the windshield I could see  river water flashing in the evening sun light. That is our destination.  So I parked my car on the side of the road.  " It is strikingly beautiful!" Getting out of the car, both my friend and I  exclaimed. Not far away from where we  stood  lies a quiet bay of the river,  and quite a few yachts stood there with flags flapping in the evening soft breezes. Although the foliage sceneries  on the islands in the river afar could not be seen clearly,  and the sun seemed to be  shy and hid his face a little bit behind  the clouds, we still enjoyed ourselves very much.  

Facing the sunset, seeing some fishmen fishing by the river shore in mild breezes I could even smell the salt in the water.  I could not find my camera in my purse while thinking about to take a picture of the peaceful evening. A picture is worth one thousand words, it is said. I also wished that I could  have flair for writing poems so I could describe what I had seen in my stanzas, in spite of the fact that I hate to see the coming cold winter.

所有跟帖: 

小蔓嚐到了寫作的甜頭,下次可得到Quarter Pounder,lol... -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (147 bytes) () 10/04/2012 postreply 06:54:17

Thank you :) yummy! -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (3658 bytes) () 10/04/2012 postreply 08:51:04

cursed like a longshoreman/truck driver-據說碼頭工人貨車司機工作時候都喜歡罵罵咧咧 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (116 bytes) () 10/04/2012 postreply 09:08:52

Very nice! -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 NewVoice 的博客首頁 (344 bytes) () 10/04/2012 postreply 09:33:26

感謝聲姐!:)是的,稍後我再查閱。羨慕聲姐居住的地方氣候溫暖,我這裏冬天太冷太長。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (28 bytes) () 10/04/2012 postreply 09:41:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”