【文青跑誌】Second Week Training Log

來源: 非文學青年 2012-08-25 14:38:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3926 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 非文學青年 ] 在 2012-08-26 17:34:52 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Tuesday: 5K,  36:46

Friday: 20 mins stair master, 10 mins rowing machine

Saturday: 

5:10 I wake up realizing my iPhone needs to be recharged. I plug it in for recharge while getting ready for the run.  Today I am going to try a new track, a rubber track in a nearby city. I want to try this track because rubber track is supposed to be not so hard on the legs and knees. It is also the kind of track I used to run on 9 years ago when I first got hooked on running. 

6:07 I start running. The track is nice and has more runners/walkers than the dirt track in my city. I listen to Fresh Air. It is about a book by a neuroscientist, whose research claims that our behavior is, to a large degree, determined by the competition/war between different neural networks.  When a person is hesitant/indecisive about something, that means his/her neural networks are fighting with each other.  When you want to eat a cookie, one part of your brain is telling you "no, don’t eat the cookie. If you do, that means 1 more hour of workout in the gym tomorrow". The other part of your brain is saying: “Eat it! It’s going to be delicious. You know how it feels when the cookie enters your mouth!”.  Interesting research. He gives different examples of criminals who violate law when their brain was not functioning well. One case that is particularly interesting is about this person who shot his family one night and then some other people the next morning, then committed suicide. He left a suicide note saying: "please do an autopsy of me. My brain hasn't been the same in the past year. " An autopsy was done and they found a brain tumor that was formed in the past year. 

I slow down after 4 miles and walk for several minutes. I wonder if my neural networks are fighting with each other. One part pushes me to continue running while the other part tells me to slow down and walk. I guess the latter has won. 

I then switch to an old favorite song by Beyonce, me, myself and I. It has the right pace for my running. I repeat it several times before firing up Pandora. I hear Sting’s Thousand Years. Very nice song. I couldn’t figure out why this song’s escaped from my radar as I was a big fan in the 90s. It must have been a relatively new song.

My iPhone ran out of battery when I was at 5.9 miles, 1:14. Yuk! I really wish runkeeper (the app I am using) will keep the record so that I can still post it on FB. How much have I come to rely on iPhone! The innovators of Apple should do something about the constantly-need-to-recharge issue. Maybe they should have some solar-powered iPhone! I should patent this idea first, hehe, so that I can sue Apple big time and win a multi-million lawsuit like what Apple did yesterday. I walk for another lap and head home. 

At home, I am pleasantly surprised to find that runkeeper has kept my record. I share it on FB with a note: 

Last .1 mile was not recorded bc iPhone ran out of battery.

An hour later, this message cracks me up: 

姐,你咋這麽厲害囁?文武雙全的。您比Iphone電池都耐勞!

Ahem, I guess I will take it as a compliment. 

所有跟帖: 

先沙發再看! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 14:42:42

哈哈哈,文青,你的跑誌忒忒忒好看啦!你咋這麽這麽油墨油菜花涅?!天天跑天天寫哈!!:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (69 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 14:49:52

謝謝美風一如既往的鼓勵和支持! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (113 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 22:31:30

哈哈哈哈哈哈,寫得真好玩。的確文武雙全,不會是邊跑步邊給艾鳳發電呢吧? -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (277 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 17:11:22

哈哈,好高興看到好學mm冒泡,好久不見,甚念! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (219 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 22:35:33

Hahaha U r really something .how could U -Rockcurrent- 給 Rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 Rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (67 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 19:11:11

哈哈,RC,有了娃以後就很少睡懶覺了啊。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (126 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 22:37:48

真逗,“您比Iphone電池都耐勞”;青兒,你是my inspiration,這就跑步去。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (7586 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 19:40:08

哈哈,謝謝紫兒!我好好聽聽這兩篇。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (55 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 22:39:35

Keep going! Sis. -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 NewVoice 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 15:53:34

thanks, Sis! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (55 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 16:28:09

Isn't running fun? -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (255 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 17:57:29

Definitely! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (77 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 23:22:44

Sounds like a super gal to me. Get up a little after 5:10? Wow. -jingbeiboy- 給 jingbeiboy 發送悄悄話 jingbeiboy 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 21:39:02

hehe, not every day. I have been trying to become an early bird. -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (35 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 23:24:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”