Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 第二部分

來源: 2msmom 2012-08-22 13:32:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2063 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-08-22 19:03:24 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

歡迎大家批評指正。

But finally, this year, the call came from Terry Sullivan. I guess it took the first woman to lead the University in 193 years to get the job done. Girl power sister! Given that Val Ackerman, class of ’81, was the Baccalaureate speaker yesterday and all the presenters at the center podium today are women, it’s so refreshing that more than half of the country’s population is finally being represented here today by a 100 percent female line up!

It seems like yesterday that I was walking down the Lawn towards Cabell Hall, thrilled and, yes, a bit melancholy that my four years at the University were over. It was quite a weekend. Right before my parents arrived, I had so many dirty dishes stacked up in the sink of my Lawn room, I put them in the trunk of my Toyota Corolla which was then towed because I kept parking in President Hereford’s parking space behind Pavilion VI ! Then I thought I wasn’t graduating at all because I couldn’t find my name in the program and was shocked that it was under the heading "with honors.” In other words, I was a hot mess. So if you don’t quite have your act together yet, don’t worry. At 55, I’m still a work in progress.

To be back here in Charlottesville, facing all of you, to see the faces, the Rotunda glistening in front of me in the late morning sun… well, this is pretty sweet.

You don’t need me to tell you that UVA is a very special place. I have such wonderful memories of my college experience. Great professors, great friends, great hikes along Skyline Drive, great parties, and great football games I can’t really remember thanks to a great guy I got to know named Jack Daniels. (We are not encouraging alcohol consumptions here. That was just a joke.)

所有跟帖: 

聆聽了,讀得好。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2012 postreply 20:40:18

謝謝大師鼓勵。 -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2012 postreply 08:24:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標