重新再讀The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly後感

來源: sportwoman 2012-07-28 18:43:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (11130 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-07-30 20:52:16 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

我今天剛露營回來,照鏡子看到自己黑得如同煤球,曬的。幸好自己還認得自己,別人認不認得,who cares?    先這樣,想看【非誠勿咬】,中文部分待續。  

小作文練習:

An ugly evaluation from a teacher would make a student quit, I knew it well. Rereading the article The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly reminds me of the terrible comments given by a snobbish English teacher when I studied in a community college back in Toronto years ago.  In the second year of my college study, my English teacher was a man in his 50s with a slight German accent. In his introduction, he was also a  poet and  writer. Back then, I was  struggling  with trying to understand lectures and text books that seemed to be incomprehensible, trying to survive my college with my poor English. So taking that English literature class related to  the crimes  against slave in Britain in the 18th century definitely was not what I was interested. Failed in finding a suitable class time slot, I had no choice but chose that class.  Although I love poems, taking 5 courses plus working a part-time job I had difficulties squeezing time to enjoy his poems.  

My English teacher, the first impression he gave to me was  that he is a snobbish person, very arrogant, from his tones and gestures I could tell. Sometimes he recited his poems to the class and he sounded like he was the world-number-one poet, William Shakespeare and John Milton, who are you?  One thing was for sure that he had a very good stage presence, but I didn't enjoy what he recited, why? Because my English was not good enough to appreciate him. Poor me!  

In his class, there were about 30 students, and three- fourths of them are Canadian natives, and the rest, Asians and people from other countries, and  including myself, there were five Chinese students. 

Like other community colleges across the country, in the first two weeks, student have opportunities to give a try to different classes by different professors.  If you don't like the professors or what they teach, go find a suitable one in the time limit.

So the second week of that semester, the first assignment was returned to us from our teacher, and what shocked me was the big freaking "F"  on the first page of my essay, and the attached comments said: "  What a terrible writing!"   WTF!  Right away my blood boiled and my heart sank. What a Ph.D, I was like:"Do you know how to give supportive and constructive feedback, do you know  how to be a teacher?"   Fortunately, while looking around I saw most of my classmates looked  unpleasant and my best friend Lucy's sad eyes met mine and she gave a small whine. Therefore, relied a little bit,  I knew I was not alone. 

I  thought to myself,   maybe our teacher  fought with his wife before giving us remarks, so he let his anger out on our assignments. Not fair!  I comforted myself with these fantasies.

However, right after that class, in no time, I and my Chinese classmates together looked for a suitable time slot in the computer and, again, tried to switch to a popular professor who had been marked as a  nice guy with well-rounded knowledge in business English writing.   

再讀The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 讓我想起數年前在多倫多讀社區學院時候一個英語老師給我作業的恐怖評論。學院二年級時候我的選修英語課老師大概50多歲,帶德國口音。根據介紹他還是詩人和作家。他給我的第一印象是很狂傲很NB的一個銀。盡管我喜歡詩詞但是5門功課加一份part time 工作讓我無暇欣賞他的傑作。他有時候在班上朗讀他的詩,很有台型,可以這樣說,但我欣賞不了,為什麽呢? 因為我的英語太差鳥,不理解他的意思。

那個學期的第二個星期,我們交上去的一個小作文被發回來了。觸目驚心的是那個在我作業上大大的 F 我不及格!他的評語讓我生氣:你寫得實在太糟糕了。我第一反應就是震驚,死的心都有了。 什麽老師什麽博士!你會不會給評語? 偶生氣地想。 可當我環顧四周時發現很多同學都臉露不悅之色,哀鴻一片,境況堪虞。從我好友露絲傷心的眼神得知,我不是唯一不及格的。。。

所有跟帖: 

like reading your stories. more please. -midnightblue- 給 midnightblue 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/29/2012 postreply 06:53:21

承蒙錯愛,還望多多指正!我不是廈大的,嵋嶼灘眾才俊虎視眈眈,我有點怯場。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/29/2012 postreply 08:23:03

你寫得呀,真得很棒!:) -隨星- 給 隨星 發送悄悄話 隨星 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/29/2012 postreply 10:00:05

多謝捧場!:) -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/29/2012 postreply 17:01:48

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”