great writing as always! Just some small bricks for your conside

來源: 非文學青年 2012-07-09 10:47:30 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7797 bytes)
回答: Be my guest if you have bricks.hammerheadshark2012-07-09 03:47:54

Repeat to myself again: Stay cool, don't get jealous of Shark's writing.  haha.

I have never seen Xie again.

The change of my feeling towards her was unexpected, but a welcome one.  My whole mentality had switched to a familial type: I started to inquire company’s policies on married employees and calculated the benefits of her coming to my city against those of my going to her city.  Marriage did not seem too far away and it actually felt good to have my heart anchored on someone. What she gave me was exactly a tacit promise of a family, upon which I designed many variations of future.  Some were as bleak as us being divorced, but I thought I was ready to face any outcome that a marriage would bring.

After several days of adjustment to the new change, with a fulfillment(I don't get it here) of those who had a girl friend, I decided to call her, at least to confirm this relationship and reach a consensus on what we were doing, or if possible, on what we would be doing.  Someone from her company on the other side of the phone coldly told me she was not in the office for unknown length of time, but advised me to call back after two weeks.  I felt I was kicked off by someone from the top of a mountain which I had just conquered and, instead of free-falling to the ground with a thump, I was floating and drifting in suspense.  She should have called me, at least let me know her whereabouts.  We slept together and that meant something, an obligation, maybe.  But she vanished.  Her unresponsiveness and neglect started digging a hole in my heart.  Something was not right.

Several days had past(should be passed). I called again to try my luck and was told she wasn’t back.

One week had past. I called and nothing.

Two weeks had past. I called and nothing.  My concern turned into worry and anxiety.

On the third week, I called and managed to get some news about her.  She had quit her job and followed her boy friend to his hometown for a long overdue marriage. I did not believe this initially, for they did not know what had happened between Xie and me.  I knew she was seeing someone, but things had changed now. How could they possibly know?  But when I identified myself as her boy friend, I could hear on the phone that my claim had surprised her colleague as much as it did me. Putting down the phone, I felt I was dead. Xie had a special place in my heart and for so many years, I had cherished this relationship.  I did not hate her.  I experienced exactly what was described on(in?) hell in books.  All the pieces of this puzzle began falling into their places.  Now I got a full picture, an ugly one.  It made a perfect sense – she’d come to erase me from her life completely.

所有跟帖: 

居然這麽少的語法錯誤。喜歡看高手過招!! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2012 postreply 10:50:37

Ok,you got me. But nice to see you back. -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (8061 bytes) () 07/09/2012 postreply 20:10:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”