*=*=* 《每日一句漢譯英》 *=*=*

來源: EnLearner 2012-05-30 20:10:00 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4196 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ EnLearner ] 在 2012-05-31 04:33:44 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

請把下麵的漢語翻譯成一句英文:

一項針對超重和肥胖人群的研究發現,該類人群罹患膝關節骨性關節炎的風險遠高於正常體重的人群,但體育鍛煉並不會增大這種風險。

===================================================

昨天《每日一句漢譯英》參考答案:

請把下麵的漢語翻譯成一句英文:

幾周前的一天淩晨,新加坡市中心發生了一起法拉利(Ferrari)與出租車相撞的事故,這成了點燃新加坡排外情緒以及對炫富行為愈加反感的導火索。

參考答案:

The early-morning crash of a Ferrari into a taxi a few weeks ago in a central area of Singapore has become a flash point for antiforeigner sentiment and growing resentment in the city-state over flashy displays of wealth.

flash point noun
plural ∼ points

[count] : a point, place, or situation in which sudden anger or violence could happen
▪ The city became a flash point as political tensions grew.
▪ The situation reached a flash point when union leaders urged the workers to protest.

flashy /ˈflæʃi/ adjective
flash·i·er; flash·i·est

usually disapproving: bright or fancy in a way that is meant to attract attention :gaudy
▪ rich young men who drive flashy cars
▪ flashy glamour
▪ flashy colors/clothes
▪ a flashy dresser
▪ flashy ads

sen·ti·ment /ˈsɛntəmənt/ noun
plural sen·ti·ments

1: an attitude or opinion [count]

▪ His criticism of the court's decision expresses a sentiment that is shared by many people.
▪ an expression of antiwar sentiments
▪ a noble sentiment
▪ “The lecture was interesting, but it was much too long.” “My sentiments exactly!” [=I agree with you completely] [noncount]
▪ A good politician understands public sentiment. [=understands the opinions held by many or most people]

2 [noncount] : feelings of love, sympathy, kindness, etc.
▪ She likes warmth and sentiment in a movie
▪ You have to be tough to succeed in the business world. There's no room for sentiment.

re·sent·ment /rɪˈzɛntmənt/ noun

[noncount] : a feeling of anger or displeasure about someone or something unfair
▪ She bore/felt/harbored bitter feelings of resentment toward her ex-hu*****and.
▪ He's filled with resentment at/against his boss.
▪ He expressed his resentment of the new policies.

所有跟帖: 

回複:*=*=* 《每日一句漢譯英》 *=*=* -newton123- 給 newton123 發送悄悄話 newton123 的博客首頁 (321 bytes) () 05/30/2012 postreply 20:37:03

回複:*=*=* 《每日一句漢譯英》 *=*=* -sdlz- 給 sdlz 發送悄悄話 (374 bytes) () 05/30/2012 postreply 22:29:51

回複:*=*=* 《每日一句漢譯英》 *=*=* -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (848 bytes) () 05/31/2012 postreply 04:13:55

my translation -bmdn- 給 bmdn 發送悄悄話 (348 bytes) () 05/31/2012 postreply 06:18:50

Daily translation -同學小薇- 給 同學小薇 發送悄悄話 同學小薇 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 05/31/2012 postreply 08:05:39

*=*=* 《每日一句漢譯英參考答案》 *=*=* -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (1073 bytes) () 05/31/2012 postreply 19:33:23

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”