蘄陽三哥漂泊美利堅鬧的陳年笑話一則:had a ball

來源: 蘄陽三哥 2012-05-25 19:36:03 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2429 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 蘄陽三哥 ] 在 2012-05-25 20:22:18 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Early Monday  morning after the Easter weekend, 1994,  I got to the lab and started on my research work for the day. And our lab technician, William, swaggered in and wore a smile from ear to ear. I greeted him, "How are you? William."  "Oh, just peachy,"  he replied. "How was your Easter weekend? Did you do anything fun ?", I added.  "I sure did. We went to Charlotte  to have a Civil War reenactment. We had tons of fun.", he beamed. ( Just so you know, our technician was an American history buff.)  Then he asked me, "How was your weekend?"  "We had fun too, I took my daughter to the Easter egg hunt. As this was her first Easter weekend after she came to US,  she was very excited and had a lot of fun on the egg hunt.", I said.   Then William commented, "I bet, she had a ball on the egg hunt." "No, she brought back a whole basket of colorful Easter eggs, but i did not see a ball in it.", I responded. William just burst into laughter after my reply, leaving me puzzled.

Acknowledgement:  William, thank you very much for exposing me to a lot of colloquial idioms and American slang during my beginning years in the States.  You never ceased to amaze me with your rich and expressive spoken language.

所有跟帖: 

haha! you did not see the ball. Good joke, i like it -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (43 bytes) () 05/25/2012 postreply 20:12:37

Thanks! Really enjoy reading your jokes。Happy long weekends! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2012 postreply 20:18:01

Haha, A guy on the ball! -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2012 postreply 20:54:15

頂 first hand funny story! -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/26/2012 postreply 05:41:37

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”